Sign in with
Your question

How do I Overclock an OEM Pentium 4?

Last response: in Overclocking
January 12, 2010 9:06:52 PM

One of my pcs is fairly old (2005), but nonetheless I want to overclock it. The problem is it's Dell OEM, and I can't change settings in the BIOS. Are there any desktop applications that will help me do this?

If specifications help, here they are http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim3100/e...

More about : overclock oem pentium

January 12, 2010 9:26:07 PM

setfsb, i might have the right chips in the software
m
l
a b K Overclocking
January 12, 2010 9:38:06 PM

you can't overclock oem systems
m
l
Related resources
January 12, 2010 9:39:39 PM

alvine said:
you can't overclock oem systems

you can with software, like i said SetFSB, it sets the front side bus through software into hardware registers

it doesn't work for every board, but there are a few different ones
m
l
January 12, 2010 11:46:19 PM

mindless728 said:
you can with software, like i said SetFSB, it sets the front side bus through software into hardware registers

it doesn't work for every board, but there are a few different ones

i'm done helping people with AGP and P4's
m
l
January 13, 2010 12:13:49 AM

rodney_ws said:
i'm done helping people with AGP and P4's

eventually it will actually happen, though i don't help much with these
m
l
January 13, 2010 6:25:50 PM

How do i know/choose which clock generator to use? I tried IC593254O1EGLF and raised the fsb by 10 and my monitor fuzzed up. It's not my first time overclocking, but I only have experience with the x58 chipset, no fsb and in the bios. Also, I'm a bit concerned that the motherboard doesn't seem to have a cmos clear, but I'm not sure if that would be a problem since I think the changes are stored on the hard drive. Any tips for this? I'm mainly confuse about which clock gen to use....
m
l
a b K Overclocking
January 13, 2010 7:06:15 PM

Just try different ones. If you're using the onboard video, then know that you may have issues. Overclocking the FSB means overclocking the North Bridge and the Onboard Graphics. Better cooling for the north bridge may help. If it gets to hot it will burn out :D .
m
l
!