Last response: in Storage
Anonymous
a b G Storage
March 7, 2010 5:53:10 AM

is it possible to add more hard-disk to a notebook

More about : add hard disk notebook

a b G Storage
March 7, 2010 6:52:34 AM

I remember only a few 15-17" laptops have two hard drive bays. If you want more space, you have to replace the hard drive currently inside.
m
l
a c 353 G Storage
March 7, 2010 3:41:05 PM

Is this for a NEW buy, or an existing one. If new gracefully is correct - make sure you verify. I have a toshibia A305 and ther is a place for a 2nd HDD and the pin-out are there - just NO socket. Come on a dollar two nity-five part. Thought about having the socket installed, but no sure the BIOS would recognize it and most bios for laptops are Locked (Min user settings).
m
l
Related resources
March 7, 2010 3:56:35 PM

I have a Toshiba Qosmio X305. It came with 1 HD installed. There was room and a connector for the 2nd HD, but no mounting bracket. I got the bracket for $5 from Toshiba Parts. No one else had or knew about the 2nd HD bracket.

Also depending on the laptop, you may have either a firewire or eSATA port. Those both would allow you to use a 2nd HD. External USB is also possible but much slower.

Check you laptop specs, see what is available from there.
m
l
a c 353 G Storage
March 8, 2010 1:36:34 PM

pshoaf
could you provide a link. Didd the motherboard have the connector scocket and the bracket was just to hold the HDD in place??
m
l
!