Seeking old trick for 2600 agp drivers

j33hopper

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2008
I want to install Sapphire newest drivers for there 2600xt AGP. But everytime I try it says quoting SEVERE "Setup did not find a driver compatiable with your current hardwar or operating system. Setup will now exit." END QUOTE I tried uninstalling all of the old drivers and, using driver sweeper, then a registry cleaner. Then I did the same thing in SAFE MODE. But I think im doing them out of order or something. I just cant quite recall what to do. I just find it so stupid that a driver from Sapphire wont recognize its own hardware. Thats f'd up.

I want to try the new drivers because rumor has it it make The Witcher alot less "jerky" to play.

I have a HD 2600xt AGP

http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/support/drivers.php

The above is the link to the driver I need if that helps any. Its the 32 bit Hotfix AGP Driver for windows XP. (its not the actual link to the driver itself, just the page)

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

I didn't use any other driver other than the HIS provided driver from their website for my 2600XT AGP. No hotfix, no nothing, just a fresh XP install and that single driver. Solved all my issues.

j33hopper

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2008
Yea, I might try that as a last resort. Im still trying to work within the realm of the sapphire drivers. Anyone else have any ideas please. Ive seen some some posts here with the ideas and im still searching for them.

Still need help please.

Don't forget the Omega drivers, they may work too.

http://www.omegadrivers.net/

That, and try all the different versions of ATI drivers you can.
Noone seems to have a concrete answer. The 2600 AGP series seems to be a really finicky card.

j33hopper

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2008
Yea the Omegas are a year old. Very outdates. Sapphire has BRAND NEW AGP drivers for 2600 AGP thats why im so excited. Just seems im the only one runninig into some problems on install, nut actual use. Everyone has spoken well on the acual USE of the drivers so far. So im quite excited to see them in action if I can just get past the install part.

j33hopper

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2008
Could someone at least throw me a bone on this problem when they get a chance. If I could get this problem figured out, I could maybe solve the rest myself.............Upon install on ccc/10.1 hotfix drivers I get this msg. SEVERE "Setup did not find a driver compatiable with your current hardware or operating system. Setup will now exit." END QUOTE

Thanks again. James.

tcsenter

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
Press F8 during boot before Vista begins loading to access the Advanced Boot Options. Select Enable VGA Mode (low resolution video 640 x 480) then boot normally to Vista (not Safe Mode). Now try installing the Catalyst Drivers again.

j33hopper

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2008
Can anyone at least help me with just this one problem im having on install??

Setup did not find a driver compatiable with your current hardwar or operating system."

Happens everytime I try to install any type of AGP sapphire or AMD/ATI drivers. Right now the only drivers that work are 1 year old Omega drivers. Im in desperate mode atm.

j33hopper

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2008
Well strangely on my latest install windows asked asked me if I wanted to installed this UNAUTHEROIZED version of ccc/drivers. Well its the same exact drivers package ive been using all along. I have no clue why it done that. But with it doing that, it allowed me to install everything and now im ready to play The Witcher.

Thanks to everyone that tried to help and Tricks to everyone this Halloween to passed me by!!