coleman

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
no real place for this in the forum so i thought i would stick it here for those who don't already know

NEWEGG SHIPS TO CANADA . . . . . shame i live i the uk lol

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008
Lol, yep. Different site though. Newegg.ca, instead of Newegg.com. :p
http://www.newegg.ca/

Prices are also different, in Canadian dollar, thus a bit higher.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
To Be honest i have found here in Canada the cheapest wesite is http://www.memoryexpress.com/
who also just so happens to be shipping now instead of local pick up. (I always buy there as its located on the other side of the City, no shipping)

Nik_I

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2007
i'm not impressed with newegg.ca the prices are higher than some other canadian-only websites and they charge 13% tax for where i live compared to the 5% other websites charge. and just the fact that shipping is handled by UPS is enough to keep me away. i'll stick to memoryexpress and directcanada thank you very much.

Yes, but now i'm not going to have to deal with the maze of poor surfing sites when recommending components. Trying to find specific class items in ncix, directcanada and memoryexpress can be a real pain in the neck.

coleman

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
lol . . .. . .cheapest option is always the best option, at least the you can take advantage of some of their deals, combo, rebate ect.

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

johnyeah

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2007
NCIX has some good deals, but most of its stuff is extermely overpriced.

Newegg is probably the best buyer friendly website there is. However, if you're Canadian, you might want to consider the fact that Newegg has warehouses in 4 provinces (so on top of the GST, you also have to pay the PST). In that case, Directcanada would be a better deal (if you don't live in BC), but their website sucks.

johnyeah

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2007

I heard from a Chinese friend that the cn website was up before the Canadians.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004

If you go to newegg.com right now and search all brands of that card you will find a price variance of $300-$600.

On another post...
I live in Alberta where we pay %5 GST... when I get a part from the BC warehouse I do NOT pay PST. When I receive my bill it has the item price + GST. Each province pays there respective taxes, NCIX makes the required adjustments… you don’t have to wait till tax time to claim the PST back; you aren’t required to pay the tax it at the time of purchase.