Graphics = Maxed?

dmc_run442

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2008
I am not wishing for a quick answer or an easy fix. I am not wishing to hopefully gain, so easily, from knowledge that was learned through time and effort. In otherwords, I dont mean to leech off of your knowledge.

I found myself on this website a few weeks ago reading about graphics cards and preparing myself for my gfx card install. In the past two weeks I have installed a Geforce 9800 GTX+. It was the best gaming card Best Buy had at the retail location I went to (I was kind of hoping for a 260, BUT I am very pleased with money/performance). I had to upgrade my PSU for this card. I even created a step-by-step pictorial of the process because I was so excited and proud, lol. I am a novice with hardware, I must say that.

I am working with a Dell XPS 410 system. Currently, I am running dual core @ 2.8ghz, 2 gigs ram & my gfx card listed above. I am going to upgrade to 4 gigs ram (max compacity) on my next payday. After that, I am going to call it good on this motherboard/computer-all-together.

I am not a wealthy man. I am 24 years old, single, own place & I work in warehousing.

After my ram upgrade, I am fairly sure I cannot upgrade my mobo much more.

When I am gaming, I do not wish to have any other apps running. As gaming, PC gaming, is my MO (specifically F.P.S.).

I was interested in reading something specific to my situation in the area of overclocking and designating system memmory towards gaming.

I was hoping someone could give my some guidence/direction through links or personal knowledge. I appologize for my ignorance..... lol.

Thank you so much,
James

dmc_run442

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2008
I have bought and installed 2 gigs of RAM today.....

Apparently this is no place for a rookie that asks advice....

GG knowledgable people!!

Sorry, I never saw your post before this. Look here for cpu ocing http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum-29-180.html and here for gpu ocing http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum-29-181.html

If you have questions, you can ask them here for gpus, or the oc forum, if its about ocing, same for your cpu.

It sounds like youre making a good start. Youve made some good choices, and no one should go out and build or start at the top, or right away, without a lil back graound. Doing what youre doing, understanding everything youre going to do will give you a better idea as for tweaking down the road, as well as any future upgrades