percevil1

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007
My current setup is

core 2 duo E8400
2 8800gt sli
striker ii 780i chipset
4 gb corsair

When i first set up the computer it ran like a dream for at least 5 or 6 months. Shortly there after when i went to power up the system i got the 1 long 3 short beeps and vga bios error on the lcd poster. I went online and found other people were having the same type of problems but it turned out for them it was their video cards. The thing that is different about my situation is that when my video cards are in the sli slots i can not boot and get the vga error but when i put one card in the system in the middle slot the computer will boot up. Both cards work in the middle slot. The other problem that arose at the exact same time is the computer taking easily 4 times longer to boot up. I used to push the power button and almost instant prompt on screen the withing 15 secs im in the os. now i wait at least 30 secs to get the mobo's first prompt. I tried the installing the latest bios, clearing cmos, pulling battery, complete disassemble reseat, new videocard drivers, a different set of video cards, a different cord from pc, my videocards in another system. I have no idea what is left. I really dont want to have to RMA the board as i only have the box left and i dont know if they will take it without everything that came with it. Im at my wits end and really dont feel like having a gimped mobo and 1 videocard after popping $250 on the second card and $250 on the mobo.

G

crud. I have the same problem with my gfx card. im running an 8400GS of the middle white pci-e as it wont work anywhere else. I see no-one has answered this thread so the problem shall remain a mystery. crud.

.m