I need help with what is better Performance.

garm84

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
ok i have a question witch cpu is the fastest and more Performance for Extreme gaming, Entertainment, loads porgrams fast with a blink of a eye. and can run Multiple applications running in the background, really great for multitasking and computer will not lag or freese up. and can able to play every single games for windows xp pro. for the plus a cpu that can OC very great.

here is a few CPU that most ppl have goting.

1. Intel Core i7 920 Processor
2. Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 Proce
3. AMD Phenom X4 9950 Quad Core
4. AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Proce
5. Intel Core i7 965 EE Process
6. Intel C2D E8400 3.0GHz Retai
7. Intel C2Q Q6700 OEM
8. Intel C2Q Q6700 2.66GHz OEM
9. AMD Phenom 9500 2.20GHz Reta
10. Intel C2D E8500 3.16GHz Reta

i am waiting to get a new cpu atm i have a AMD athlon tm x2 4000+ at 2.09GHz

so far i have 1gb of ram my computer is soooooo slow it was so fast when you first restore but after while when you have alot of software downloaded it slows down. and i have 120GB not just that it's slow when you have Multiple applications running in the background. it gets more slow when you have a virus scan running also. well playing Fear it will lag and freeze up and try to cancel the scan for get it. it takes like 30 mins just to get back in the desktop to cancel it. this happened to the first computer i build back in 2000 i had a AMD athlon tm 2000+ 1.67GHz i double amd even sell it anymore. if they do it probly
be used.

so what should i go for AMD or intel?

i know AND run hot and intel runs cool with out the cpu cooler and AMD dont.

i heard And has higher Performance then intel does

but im not 100% sure if thats true so you tell me guys witch one has more performance?

i have build 2 computers and buy 4 computers and they all was slow. im about to put A end to computers and buy my self a sp3. but if you guys can help i mite be able to rebuild my self fast computer and not have to have deal with a slow computer.

Pico_w

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
Intel Core i7 920 should be your choice. If you overclock it slightly, it will be faster than the 940 so don't bother buying that. Get the Intel Core i7 920 with 6GB Triple channel ram , a good Asus motherboard , and a Nvidia GTX260 216cores video card. This system will do all that you asked for. Note: I didn't go SLI or higher video card because I don't think it's worth it. If you can afford the Intel Core i7, get it. If you can't afford this setup, get a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 and overclock the hell out of it with 8gb ram. Get a Radeon 4870 or GTX260 216cores for this system as well.

Pico_w

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
Don't turn on the computer without a heatsink on the CPU. Contemporary, Intel has the better performance for CPUs. AMD is more of a value CPU.

garm84

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
so you saying amd is better then intel? i have seen the prices on intel they are very high and and are low prices. im really confuss. whats the difference between intel i7920 and the AMD Phenom X4 9950 Quad Core.

garm84

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
do intel have a mobo that can hold up to 4 pci 2.0 i know and has the new mobo that has it. and also do they have crossfire x ready. i love the cross fire more then sli

Pico_w

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
You seriously want to go Crossfire? I don't think it's worth going crossfire. But anyways... SOME Intel Core i7 boards can go both Crossfire or SLI. Check the motherboard specifications carefully. Yes, Intel Core i7 motherboards can support up to 4 PCI-Express 2.0 slots. AMD Phenom X4 can't match Intel Core i7 920's processing power. AMD's Phenom X4 9950 totally loses to Core i7 920.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/intel-core-i7-920-and-965-review/1

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007

Price isnt in the same ball park though...

Biggest question is... what is your budget. It pointless making suggestions to you until we know what you have to spend.

Second question what resolution will you be playing your games at.

garm84

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
all i want to know whats the best cpu. so far this dont explain what cpu is the best. and what runs better for gamming..... does Amd and intel have the same performance or not. to me why i think intel is higher price is because ppl are not buying them more offen so they keep the pricees ski high unto they reach there goal. and after they do they lower the prices down. so who can answer my question?

jj463rd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
The most powerful CPU series belongs to Intel the Core i7 series.
Core i7 doesn't have a significant advantage in computer gaming over their Core 2 Quad or Core 2 Duo series.However it has a significant advantage in performance in multithreaded applications and video encoding and other applications.
However AMD will release it's Phenom II series next month to compete with the
Intel Core 2 Quad line.The Phenom II from reviews so far looks very promising and it might make an excellent mid range gaming platform if there are no unforeseen problems with it.
AMD's Quad Core CPU's (Phenom) just are not on par with Intel's Core 2 Quad's especially because the Intel Core 2 Quad's can overclock much better.

someguy7

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
Why in the world did you even bring up the AMD x2 6000. OP you need to look into/learn more about hardware and how to maintain your operating system. You are clueless

garm84

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
well i guess il take another chance with the and athlon x2 6000+ can i easy upgrade to the AMD Phenom X4 9950 Quad Core Processor with the MSI K9A2 Platinum or Asus M3A79-T Deluxe they both 790fx i cant fine anymore to be able to hold 4 video cards. theses mobo is they able to be a sever mobo it does say raid 0 on both but one has raid 10.

garm84

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
someguy7 before you post please read everything what was said. before you say some stu[id stuff. i said AND 6000 way at the top of the page. if you got nothing good to say or good advice to say dont say anything at all. ty

Pico_w

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
I thought you wanted a very good built without a budget limitation. I don't get you... Why do you say you can't find a mobo that supports 4 video card? Intel Core i7 have a lot of mobos with 3+ video card slots.
No point getting AMD Phenom X4 9950 when you want to squeze every FPS out of your system. Read this article and it shows that the AMD bottlenecks the 3 or 4 video cards a little.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/core-i7-gaming,2061.html

For example:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813186161

someguy7

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
I did read eveything you said. And everything you said is completely retarded. Go ahead and pick the worst cpu out of your own list.

People who actually know what they are talking about gave you suggestions in your thread. Then you bring up the x2 6000. This is coming from a person that said this crap among other things.

"all i want to know whats the best cpu. so far this dont explain what cpu is the best. and what runs better for gamming..... does Amd and intel have the same performance or not. to me why i think intel is higher price is because ppl are not buying them more offen so they keep the pricees ski high unto they reach there goal. and after they do they lower the prices down. so who can answer my question?"

Go buy a dell. You should not be building a machine.

garm84

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
dell computers are are so not worth it. i had so many dell computers and still slow. fyi i have a dell that my mom use it's slow as hell. and they dont build it the way you want it set up. sorry i rather build my own... it's easy to put it together but im still learning the hardware. but i have found out with all the review you guys hand me and looked over it really good. intel is better sorry guys. for the ppl that said and is better they are wrong. i have looked around and i still havent seen mobo with 4 video cards. with pcie 2.0 x16 slot. guys did anyone tested the Intel Core 2 Extreme or no one have yet. its kinda high price but thats no big deal. if it gets the job done then there is nothing to worry about. i also cant fine the cpu ccoler for socket B LGA 1633 and for the video cards there is only 3 pcie 2.0 slot. i looked on tigerdirect.com and couldnt fine anything yet. il check other sites. i mite go water cooling insaid of air witch i mite be able to OC pass 4.0GHz if you guys can help me fine a 4 vid card board that be soo cool thanks.