Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Can you increase FSB speed on an Intel (big lake)945G motherboard

Last response: in Overclocking
January 13, 2010 4:44:38 PM

Hi, Can AnyOne Help? I can't get my computer to take the bios update from gateway. I follow the instructions to the letter and all I get is a window that says severe on the top and in it it says internal error. Right now the processor is an Intel Pentium D 3.0ghz SYS Bus 800mhz but the board is capable of 1066 how do I adjust that. Also I am running Win 7 Ultimate x64 mty RAM is 667mhz 4 1 gig sticks. I think this board can support Intel core 2 Quad Q6700 according to the specs but I have to get the Bios to update. Right???? but I would like to know also if the FSB could go to 1333mhz Possibly????Well I JUST found out WHY the UPDATE IS NOT COMPATABLE WITH WINDOWS 7! Any suggestions????

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
January 25, 2010 12:59:14 AM

Severe on top? Could you be more specific?
January 26, 2010 5:32:51 PM

r_manic said:
Severe on top? Could you be more specific?

Well at the top of the pop up it just says severe. but when I ran the bios utility it topld me it was not compatable with this version of windows so I have to go back to win xp do the bios update then reinstall win 7 64 I think??? any suggestions to make it easier than that I even tryied it in compatability mode.
Thanks In Advance.
I have never over clocked but sure want to try it.
Thanks again
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 17, 2010 5:10:33 PM

OK , I figured it out! I don't know how to close this thread though. I wanted to delete it but can't find how too.
m
l
March 2, 2010 11:25:30 AM

Best answer selected by BorNej.
m
l
!