Saitek Cyborg Keyboard setup??

moktarr

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
Hey all I just got this keyboard to compliment my gaming pc.

I play alot of WoW and Crysis.

I was wondering if anyone else has found the manual to be completely unhelpful in describing how to assign the "cyborg" keys to perform ingame actions.

The actual software it came with is even less helpful. It has a 4 page PDF file with images that really dont look like the program at all.

Its a very nice keyboard and am excited to use it however I've never use a gaming keyboard before so I have no "pre-knowledge" on how it works.

Any help would be great. Thanks alot.

hain

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
hey umm i got the same problem and i to play alot of wow so if anyone can help plz tell us cause it would be very helpful. btw moktarr what realm and whats ur toon's name lol

hhudsonn

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
Same issue here, I just got it and installed it. It looks like the drivers installed properly and is working. But I cant figure our how to program the macros. Also the volume up and down are not working.

ramblin

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
In reply to the post directly above, all you should need to do is press the plus(+) and minus(-), or hold your finger down on them. Also you need to have the SST software (from the cd) installed because there was a driver bug with the plug 'n play drivers that the keyboard installs.

I personally find that the touch screen is also a lot more sensitive when you apply a larger surface to the button (just more area of skin, for example the thumb)

In response to the whole topic, it's actually pretty easy, I know it looks daunting and too "simple" which makes it look like not enough time was spent developing this feature (which is occasionally true in some cases).

All you need to do is set your macro, so lets say i want to set up a macro to "spam" someone on msn. The easiest way to do this is to click on the little arrow in button one, create an 'advanced macro' and input the message in the repeat box (It was "LOL" followed by enter, in this case) and i right clicked in it and pressed 'quantize time' to set it to 0 so it will really spam!
After you finished the advanced macro, DON'T FORGET TO NAME IT, otherwise it won't save! (also I think you need to tick the little box above saying macro, not sure!)

Now all you need to do is save and load the profile, up the top is the little floppy metaphor, so click that and save your profile, then you can close this program (but it will still be running in the taskbar.
Click the little icon in the taskbar and click on the profile that you saved.

Now test your macro, if it works, thats great!
ALso if you want it to be a 'toggle' macro so you don't have to hold down the button to spam, you need to click the little arrow next to your button with the macro and tick 'latched'

Don't forget, you need to always save the profile everytime you make a new macro or change.

One more thing, you can set up a profile as the "startup" profile when you start up the pc by clicking on the icon, right-clicking the profile you want, and click "set as startup profile"

Good luck!

G

nope! doesn't work. same prob volume and macro keys! what is shiftstate?

G

This may help. I went to the device manager and cleared of all the keyboard and saitek drivers. I also removed any Saitek programs. I then downloaded the drivers and sst software from saitek.com. They'll ask about your controller and operating system. download software for Saitek Cyborg Keyboard, (not Saitek Cyborg V.1 or V.5 keyboard). I unplugged the Cyborg keyboard and loaded the drivers plugging in the keyboard only when prompted. I then installed the beefier version of the programming software (over 200 meg download if you can believe it) much better version than what came on the disk. Volume still isn't working but macro keys are programming perfectly. :bounce:

G

Hey! I have a problem with my macros, i just cant seem to make them work, i saw on youtube that this dude had a program from saitek and i should have gotten it to but still, is it the SaitekVolume panel thing? If it is, i cant get THAT to work either! Help me!! :fou: