XFX 8800GT XXX Edition, stuck in 1024x768

Nebulous_Osiris

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007
Hi guys!

I've got a bit of an issue. I've upgraded my GFX card to the 8800GT. Now the problem is that i can't choose any other resolutions apart from 800x600 and 1024x768 and I know my LCD is capable of much higher resolutions (since i did run in 1280x1024 with my previous card). Also when i installed the 178.24 drivers after reboot the screen goes blank, i then need to unplug the monitor cable and plug it back in to get signal.

Here's my specs:

GA-K8nXP SLI
Athlon 64 3500+
3 gig ddr 400
500watt thermaltake PS ( i think )
Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit

Any ideas? Should I try the ever so reliable 169 drivers?? Any help greatly appreciated :)

Cheers
James

Sounds like drivers to me, i get it sometimes where some resolutions are unavailable or i get options for resolutions i cant support. Just reinstall drivers you know work or if you fancy try a re-install on the ones that are giving trouble. Either one has worked for me in the past.

Mactronix

Nebulous_Osiris

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007
Ok still nothing. Tried re-installing the old drivers 169.12 no good. I installed the new drivers twice, both in normal and safe mode and still i get a blank screen on boot up of which i need to unplug the screen and plug it back in. AND of course the only resolution is 800x600 or 1024x768. I just got this card today, so i've never had it running properly.. Any other ideas out there?

Nebulous_Osiris

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007
Hi Guys,

All fixed!! I re-installed the drivers in safe mode twice, then switched off my machine and unplugged the LCD to reset it. I think used the VGA plug and used the DVI adapter and plugged it in that way, I now have higher resolution and i don't have to unplug and plug my LCD back in on reboot :D Thanks for all your help, really appreciated!!