New help with my new PC

20brew

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Hi all , i'm from singapore . just got my first self build computer and i'm having some probem.

2 weeks back i just got my first diy pc build up . with specs as below
Cpu Intel E7300
Board Gigabyte GAEP45-UD3r
Ram Kingston p800 2gb x 2
Manli nvidia 9800GT 512MB
Recently i discover that after some time of gaming , it will suddenly hang and the grahics will have a colour fade or will just hang it there, can someone help me and tell me whats wrong with it ? its just 2 weeks old . it happens a often when i'm playing combat arms, once on call of duty 4 and company of heros .

In BIOS set the RAM voltage to 2.1v, the BIOS defaults to 1.8v. Also set the RAM speed to 800MHz. and the timings to specs also, 5-5-5-15. Also, if your case has a side panel fan slot install a fan to blow directly onto the video card, that could help to cool the card's RAM which could be overheating under stress causing the problem. You didn't mention your power supply which could also be underpowering your system (video card). Be sure to bump the voltage to the RAM to 2.1v and see if that solves the problem.

RAM voltage/specs.
Case cooling
Power supply
faulty video card?

20brew

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Hi badge
I had just change the values from bios according to what u had suggested.my power supply is 450W max at 510W,had just did 1 to 1 exchange of my vga cardx

But the problem is still there after i play combat arms for abt 30mins