Palm Desktop

March 1, 2005 5:17:16 PM

Anybody know if you can install Palm Desktop on two computers? Home
and work. I have a Zire 72.

Thanks,

robre

More about : palm desktop

Anonymous
March 1, 2005 11:04:44 PM

robre wrote:
> Anybody know if you can install Palm Desktop on two computers? Home
> and work. I have a Zire 72.
>

> Thanks,
>
> robre

Yes, you can do that. Yes, you can hotsync one device with both
computers. I do that all the time. I have my T3 doing a hotsync with my
home PC and with my work laptop. I have not encountered any serious
problems, although I have received the occasional hotsync failure (could
not read the memory card). A second hotsync works just fine after this,
though.

Cheers,
Canadian Cowboy.
March 2, 2005 1:28:43 AM

Absolutely yes.

"robre" <robre5@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Anybody know if you can install Palm Desktop on two computers? Home
> and work. I have a Zire 72.
>

> Thanks,
>
> robre

March 3, 2005 12:52:48 AM

Canadian Cowboy wrote:

> robre wrote:
>
>> Anybody know if you can install Palm Desktop on two computers? Home
>> and work. I have a Zire 72.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> robre
>>
> Yes, you can do that. Yes, you can hotsync one device with both
> computers. I do that all the time. I have my T3 doing a hotsync with my
> home PC and with my work laptop. I have not encountered any serious
> problems, although I have received the occasional hotsync failure (could
> not read the memory card). A second hotsync works just fine after this,
> though.
>
> Cheers,
> Canadian Cowboy.

Maybe robre was asking about the legal issue.

--
/"\
\ / ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL

Manolis Christodoulou MD.
http://users.forthnet.gr/pel/mchris
http://drmchris.blogspot.com

mailto:mchris@pel.forthnet.gr
Skype VOIP Phone: mchris21
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 3:08:31 AM

Hello robre,

Paul from palmOne here. As the previous posters have said, you can
install the Desktop on two computers. You can read more of the
specifics in the palmOne Knowledge Library article "Synchronize with
multiple handhelds or with multiple desktop computers" here:
http://www.palmone.com/cgi-bin/cso_kbURL.cgi?ID=29452

Best

Paul

--
paul novotny
March 3, 2005 10:55:51 AM

Manolis Christodoulou <mchris@pel.forthnet.gr> wrote in

> Maybe robre was asking about the legal issue.

What legal issue? PalmOne makes the desktop available for free. I've
installed it on several computers.

--
Regards,

Stan

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." B. Franklin
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 11:06:00 AM

Thanks for the info.

robre
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 3:26:52 AM

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, it was written:

> although I have
> received the occasional hotsync failure (could not read the memory card).

I did not experience something like that with my devices (m500 & visor
edge under w2k irda at work and os x usb at home) but the reason I am
writing this
is that I strongly recomend not to synch to a disk at work which is not
your own.
I used to synch to a memory stick at work and I use my palm's sd-card
now.
regards
arnd

--Please send your answer to
--arnd at the host named monochrome which has a com-Domain.
!