Replacement for a q6600

Hey guys,
My friend wants my q6600. If so I need a new CPU. Whats a good overclocker for my machine? Q6600 been great so far.

DS3R Gigabyte
4 gig DDR2800 Corsair
GTX 260
Corsair PSU 550W I think

Q9450? Got a Zalman 9700 I think it is. Big copper one.

Thanks~
10 answers Last reply
More about replacement q6600
  1. Please do not double post.
  2. Q9550 is a good option, in my opinion, i would keep the Q6600, what is he giving you for it?
  3. jsc said:
    Please do not double post.

What are you talking about? I didn't double post..
  4. jonpaul37 said:
    Q9550 is a good option, in my opinion, i would keep the Q6600, what is he giving you for it?

He was thinking of buying me a new cpu, and taking the q6600. His board can't handle the 45nm tech, so q6600 is about the best he can run in his machine.
  5. i think the best option is to go for the q9550 brand new.the s version is slightly more and i dont think its worth it depend on what kind of oc you had in mind.
  6. keep the q6600! i still love mine 2 years going strong . you ccan push it to 3.6 easily if you don't mind a little heat.
  7. Oops. Sorry. :( This seems to be a really common topic this week.

Adroid said:

My friend wants my q6600.

Tell him to buy his own. :)

I vote with zzfh. Unless you can sell it for an appreciable amount of a Q9550, I'd keep it.
  8. Thanks for all your comments. I will tell him 9550 or bust :D

That was his offering - he buy me a new cpu and take my used one.

Been running my Q6600 for a couple years now, I overclocked it to 3ghz and noticed a nice performance bump. I had a hard time getting to stable at the temperatures I wanted higher than that...This chip does have the G0 stepping, but had a kinda high VID (1.30), so it wouldn't hurt my feelings to try my chance at the lottery on a 9550.

Anyway thanks for your input gents, once again!
  9. Adroid said:
    Thanks for all your comments. I will tell him 9550 or bust :D

That was his offering - he buy me a new cpu and take my used one.

In that case, take him up on it. Especially with your VID.
  10. i wish i had a friend like that ha ha...
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking