I'm a beginner - Will I be able to fit this HSF into an HAF 922?

Imperfectimage

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
Hello,

I am building a computer for the first time and have already ordered most of the parts (which means I can't really reselect to accomodate for the HSF T.T). Of the parts, the case is an HAF 922 and I have ordered G.SKILL ECO Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL7D-4GBECO - Retail for memory. After going on Frostytech, I have thought about getting Thermolab Baram Universal CPU Cooler. I'm not sure if this information is necessary, but I have also ordered the AMD 955 CPU and gigabyte 790x motherboard. From the dimensions of the fan, it seems to be big (67x132x160 (LxWxH) mm). I was wondering if I had enough room for this HSF?

Thank You

The answer to your question is yes. The cpu heatsink will fit in the Coolermaster HAF 922 case. That case is wider than a standard atx case. You will not have any problems.

The real problem we usually see is the use of memory modules with extra tall heatspreaders that sort of look like a comb. If the memory slots on the motherboard are too close to the cpu, the those extra tall memory heatspreaders will interfere with the heatsink. You're in luck. The memory modules you selected have standard heatspreaders and will not interfere with the heatsink.

Here's a handy tip - Install the memory first, then install the heatsink. It's a lot easier that way. It saves any frustration if the heatsink fan is over the memory module closest to the cpu.