Sign in with
Your question

How to transfer files from xp to windows 7 with memory stick

Last response: in Windows XP
March 9, 2011 2:51:43 PM

i have recently bought a Hp touchscreen desktop running Windows 7 , my old pc was running xp i am trying to transfer files/pictures on to my new pc from old one , i have put some of them on a memory stick when i put them in new pc it will not open them any ideas ?
a b } Memory
March 9, 2011 3:08:22 PM

Is there a program on the old computer that was used to create or save the pictures? How about for the files? More importantly, what are the file extensions of the pictures/files you are trying to transfer?
a b $ Windows 7
a b α HP
a b } Memory
March 9, 2011 3:15:13 PM

Windows 7 will need a compatible software to open the files. As T_T alluded to, if you created them, or modified them with some software, windows 7 will need a compatible version to open them.

If they have a generic image extension (.gif, .tif, .bmp...etc), then it's just a matter of dragging them to the flash drive, and plugging that flash drive into the windows 7 computer.
Related resources
March 9, 2011 6:13:29 PM

will check this out next time i switch the old beasty on
cheers
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
a b α HP
a b } Memory
November 20, 2012 11:12:11 AM

pac1 said:
i have recently bought a Hp touchscreen desktop running Windows 7 , my old pc was running xp i am trying to transfer files/pictures on to my new pc from old one , i have put some of them on a memory stick when i put them in new pc it will not open them any ideas ?

!