AM2+ mobo supporting Phenom-2@3.0 gig ?

nss000

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Gents:

Flashing BIOS is not-my-game. Period! Can I currently buy an AM2+ mobo that will support the 3-gig AMD Phenom2 without a BIOS flash ?

If you're worried about BIOS flashes you can get one with a true dual BIOS. That way if something goes wrong with the flash it can recover.

The only way to be sure that you get one with a new BIOS out of the box is to get one of the brand new boards that never had an old BIOS. Otherwise you always run the risk of getting old stock. Also order from a high volume place (like Newegg) and that will improve your chances of getting the newest stock.

I've already flashed the BIOS on my board twice for my Phenom II.

nss000

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Thanks for your comments. I hear the answer "NO YOU CAN'T !"

Having failed twice ( in last 6 years ) to successfully flash-BIOS I have zero-risk-tolerance. I guess mobo manufactures believe all builders are also flashers !! Best I just hang-around reading NEWEGG mobo reviews until buyers start saying that MOBO-X does NOT need a BIOS flash for the 3.0-gig Phenom.

Thanks again

drippyfausett

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
I agree with EXT64 about the dual bios. I have a gigabyte board with dual bios and I was able to flash the bios piece of cake and I wasn't worried because I knew it had the 2 bios. Just in case anything went wrong the secondary one will take over and copy itself to the main one. You can't flash the secondary either. That was my first flashing experience