DFI ABS

Last response: in Overclocking
January 15, 2010 2:16:38 PM

how

More about : dfi abs

a c 78 V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
January 15, 2010 9:37:23 PM

If you don't have the utility on your board's cd, go here and download your board's profile. It is a windows interface, but it accesses the profiles you have stored in the BIOS CMOS Reloaded. I find it easier to change profiles from the BIOS.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
January 15, 2010 9:49:09 PM

Love my DFI boards but can't say that I've had much luck with those ABS profiles.

Pretty rare that the person offering the profile has the exact same hardware as you and after allowing for the differences in performance inherent in components I just don't find them overly useful.

I mean I have two supposed sets of identical OCZ Reaper DDRIII 1866 memory yet after tweaking around and encountering repeated failures on one machine I came to find out that the two sets of memory in fact have different ratings.

Once I figured that out and allowed for it all was well.

I find the DFI forum a wealth of information when OC'ing specific boards as they have so many test settings posted by various people that know their stuff.
m
l
January 16, 2010 6:46:06 PM

You have to be careful that you have the right version that matches your bios. The fact that it is more complicated to update bios depending on which version of the ABS (ABS I believe has to be updated before you do the actual bios update) is one of the reasons I have never used it.
m
l
!