What is the best external enclosure with a Hot Swap function

Do you guys know any external enclosure with a Hot Swap function? I hate turning off my computer every time in order to switch my drives. Thanks in advance!
3 answers Last reply
More about what external enclosure swap function
  1. Yes, get an eSATA enclosure.
    Set your sata port to AHCI mode. Without this it may not support hot swap.
    Read about AHCI before making the change in the bios.
    I don't know what O/S you have.
  2. I think his question was more along the line of inquiry as to what would be
    the specific enclosure one would want to use. IE: what is everyone else using and the pro's & con's in our experience with the enclosures.
  3. I am using Onnto's DataTale 4-bay RCM4DJ RAID and the TDM11H 3.5" enclosure. The RAID supports disk roaming and multiple task functions. Onnto come up with the design of the SmartGuider which I think is quite user friendly to install, insert and retrieve the disks between the RAID and the enclosure. It's a pretty cool design. Both products are USB+eSATA so for me I use eSATA to transfer music and movie files to save time. Personally I swap the disks pretty often since I need to take the disks around for work purpose. I like the convenience and user friendly design of Onnto's products. Hope this info helps. cheers. :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Switch Computer Enclosure Storage