Newegg Canada Is Open For Business

I compared prices of a few items and I haven't found Newegg to always be cheaper than BestDirect or DirectCanada. For instance, a Q6600 costs $195.85 at BestDirect and $204.99 at Newegg. The Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS and the Asus P5Q Pro are more expensive at Newegg. However, Newegg offer a larger selection.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
Well I just saw it in the Apple vs Phystar article on the front page. It was dated 5:10 PM - October 2, 2008.

Three points:
1. I wasn't asking a question.
2. I started my post by saying "This may be old news..."
3. The more posts with the notification, the more Canadians will know about it.

Oh, one last point, a forum fixture shouldn't be obligated to do a search. :kaola: :lol:

Dooyas

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2007
I am currently waiting for parts I ordered last week. They had a beta that some people got invited into.

Some things to note right now, they are still shipping from California, so expect long shipping times. They shipped my stuff on Monday and it is currently sitting in Portland.

Not sure if i am going to be charged duty. If I am, then I will most likely refuse it. I may save $30 on the mobo I ordered, but with duty +shipping I am most likely going to lose money.

They are sending me a 2gb USB key as a gift. Funny thing, I read the reviews on it, the majority of people are complaining because the key stops working after a few tries. :)

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
Let us know how it goes. I want to know if they should be recommended.

My friend gave me two 2GB USB flash drives that he got free from Micro Center. I benched one with HD Tune and got 2MB/sec read. They are selling 16GB and 32GB cheap at the counter, probably at the same speed. Who has the time for that?

roadrunner197069

Splendid
Sep 3, 2007

1point: Your lazy. Maybe even stupid.

Ibanezrg570

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2007
After browsing the site briefly, there doesn't seem to be much to talk about. Prices are pretty normalized across the board with negligible price variation with other sites.

I think I'll stick with

www.canadacomputers.com

At least with them, I can just visit them in my neck of the woods and forego the shipping.