Sign in with
Your question

I need help to unlock bios password

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 30, 2009 10:18:04 AM

i have notebook and my notebook is lock by bios password, by the way my bios is product by phoenix,

i already try to jumper that bios, unplugged the cmos battery for 1 day,
and already try master password is still there

please,i need help.

More about : unlock bios password

a c 435 V Motherboard
January 30, 2009 1:10:57 PM

My hp board has a motherboard jumper to reset the bios.
November 27, 2009 11:29:46 AM

A. By Using the Motherboard Jumper:

In most motherboards CMOS battery is soldered, which makes it difficult to remove the battery. In this case we use another method.

Almost all motherboards contain a jumper that can clear all CMOS settings along with the BIOS password. The location of this jumper varies depending upon the motherboard brand. You should read your motherboard manual to check its location. If you don't have the manual then look for the jumpers near the CMOS battery. Most of the manufacturer label the jumper as CLR, CLEAR, CLEAR CMOS, etc.

When you find the jumper, look carefully. There will be 3 pins and the jumper will be joining the center pin to either left or right pin. What you need to do, is remove the jumper and join the center pin to the opposite pin. e.g. if the jumper joins center pin to left pin, then remove it and join center pin to right pin. Now wait for a few seconds and then again remove the jumper and join the center pin to left pin.

Make sure to turn the PC off before opening the cabinet and resetting the jumper.

B. By Using Software:

I have found that BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool is the most effective.:
BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool is a program that works instantly to remove any lost or forgotten BIOS/CMOS password. Simply boot your PC to DOS and execute the program, and get access to forgotten BIOS/CMOS passwords in just seconds

BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool Service: http://www.biospasswordrecovery.com/
Related resources
October 19, 2010 12:12:37 AM

Get your HP/Compaq and HP Mini bios master password and Hard Drive (HDD) master password. They also do this for Dell, Acer, Advent, ASUS, Gateway, Samsung, Fujitsu-Siemens and Sony.
Just go to http://www.mastermindit.biz/bios_reset_hdd_recovery.htm...
The Master Password will delete all Bios passwords giving you access to your locked computer again.
a b V Motherboard
October 20, 2010 7:50:20 PM

I used a program called killcmos and it worked GREAT. I can email it to you, or you can probably find it in a google search. Surefire way to get past the BIOS password.
a c 716 V Motherboard
October 20, 2010 7:56:31 PM

If it's a Dell NB then the BIOS Password is hardwired via a chip to the MOBO. Call Dell.
a b V Motherboard
October 20, 2010 9:15:45 PM

call Ghostbusters? lol

No call Hell - i mean Dell. Or the manufacturer your laptop is xD

=P idk, i'm just saying.

@Scottiemedic What did you use that "killcmos" on?
a b V Motherboard
October 21, 2010 10:28:43 PM

I used the killcmos on a Toshiba a215 series. It kills the BIOS, then you reload the BIOS from the manufacturer site, and tada. Worked awesome. Toshiba had quite an issue with BIOS passwords just "assigning" themselves, with no known password (to the user or Toshiba). A lot of their lappys were affected.
a b V Motherboard
October 21, 2010 10:33:31 PM

Interesting. might be a helpful tool one day x)
a c 716 V Motherboard
October 21, 2010 10:43:14 PM

^ However, as I stated {I see 1-2 of these/month} if it is a Dell then typically it means a Stolen Notebook and once the Dell goes online {poof lockout}. The Password is a calculation of the S/N; Dell will be happy to provide the P/W to the OWNER.

The BIOS Password, for a Dell, CANNOT be "flashed" away it is a separate chip.
a b V Motherboard
October 22, 2010 1:02:04 AM

Unless you're out of warranty and they try to charge you, then take any means neccessary... :) 
But I agree, if you can do it through OEM channels, then do so. There is less chance of bricking your laptop with a BIOS flasher. Myself, I was out of warranty and they wanted $45 to pick up the other end of the line. I'll never own a Toshiba again (very happy with my Dell and wife's HP)
a c 716 V Motherboard
October 22, 2010 1:55:32 AM

^ the bigger question is why OP is locked-out ;) 
a b V Motherboard
October 22, 2010 2:30:02 PM

^ "The world may never know" =P
September 15, 2011 4:39:09 PM

Quote:
i have notebook and my notebook is lock by bios password, by the way my bios is product by phoenix,

i already try to jumper that bios, unplugged the cmos battery for 1 day,
and already try master password is still there

please,i need help.

Your Phoenix Bios uses a challenge and response method, after entering a wrong password 3 times you will see a system halted-system protected type message along with a 5 digit number, this number is called a hash or check-sum also called an error code. Using this code a master password can be calculated if you know how. The team at www.bios-unlock.com know how, fast and reasonable.
!