Sign in with
Your question

Pc doesnt boot from the hdd

Last response: in Windows XP
March 9, 2011 7:55:02 PM

Hello,guys, today i tried to download a crack (i know that i dumb). I have downloaded a zip file, and the antivirus didnt found anything so i run it. After that i got a warning from the antivirus that its a trojian/worm and i need to reboot my PC to be able to clean it. I cant remember the name but my quick search said that it creates a autorun file on the root, something like that. After a few minutes i heard a long beep but my was working.

Then i did the reboot, and when it was time to boot, i just hearing a continues beep without stop, CTRL+Alt+Del doesnt work at all there. I tried to boot from a CD (hirens if you know it) just for check. The same. When removed my primary HDD from the PC everything is working. Unfortunately that HDD has everything on it...So any good ideas?

More about : doesnt boot hdd

March 9, 2011 9:28:35 PM

If your secondary HDD has an OS on it, make the secondary the primary boot drive and the primary the slave drive, and then boot into the OS. Then download and install Malwarebytes Antimalware; SUPER Antispyware; CCleaner, and HiJackThis - all free software. Run each "anti" software by themselves. Update their definitions, then scan the primary HDD.

Do the same with an antivirus software.

Just in case my above explanation got confusing; let's call your primary drive "1"; naturally, we'll call the secondary drive "2". If 2 has an OS, rearrange your boot order so that 2 boots first, and that 1 boots second. Now download, install, and run as described above.
!