Couple of OC questions about my 860

So my 860 wont go below ~37c @ 2,8 ghz. This is with an artic cooler freezer 7 rev 2 cooler, got artic cooling 5 cpu paste on it.

At multiplier @ 20,0 and blck @ 200 (4,01ghz) it is idleing at 47-48c with closed chassi.

Feels a bit to high doesnt it?

The fan is around 2060-2150 rpm (2500rpm fan) @ turbo boost.

Also at stock cooler i had the same problem, almost atleast. 41c @ 3,6ghz and vcore @ 2,55

Now vcore is at 3,75

Mobo temp is around 29c in bios.

So, any ideas?

Last time i tried prime95 i hit around 72-74c

And i saw some other topic saying above 75c is probably damaging the cpu with I7 series..

I could use some feedback. Thanks.

Edit: By the way in bios my cpu temp is at 57-58c :/ - But all windows application ive tried says alot lower temp, atm im running at 4,01 ghz and temp is 48c.
5 answers Last reply
More about couple questions
  1. Sorry to say but the ACF7 is just not up to the heat output of the i7's.

If you want to OC that high you will need a more substantial cooler.
  2. I see. Would it be a good idea to clock it down meanwhile?
  3. I was thinking of another shopping spree (just got a couple of 5870's) and was thinking about getting Obsidian 800D with a H50 and a corsair hx 1000w

Cause atm im using antect twelve hundred packed with cables and rather sucky airflow. Aswell as the 20$ air cooler my devoted overclocking friend told me was fine to get.

And in the next month (end of february) i was hoping to afford a new mobo and a I930..

Would all this be a decent idea? All these will go fine together right?

By the way clocked down my cpu to 3,6 ghz atm and its running at 42c idle and around 65c @ prime95, thats okey right?
  4. I'd say use coretemp or realtemp and see what your load temps are.

Idling that high I can't imagine they would be very good. Then just adjust your OC to your temperature.

Good Luck.
  5. Tried coretemp now, same temps..
Ask a new question

Read More

Intel Cooling CPUs Overclocking