Hi,

I've been trying to get an old P2 350 to connect to Juno's Platinum web site
with a dial-up modem. I can get there easy enought via the ethernet port.
I think the problem is under IE6's tools, options, connections, etc. because
everything is grayed out except for the broadband selection which has a dot
in it.
I think if I can get the other options to come alive, I can make a dialup
connection and it will work.
Any ideas on how to regain access to the other options?
TIA

Mike

Mike

You might want to check and see if your 56k modem is actually working and
making an appearance in the configuration..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Mike Hollywood" <hermboehm@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to get an old P2 350 to connect to Juno's Platinum web
> site with a dial-up modem. I can get there easy enought via the ethernet
> port. I think the problem is under IE6's tools, options, connections, etc.
> because everything is grayed out except for the broadband selection which
> has a dot in it.
> I think if I can get the other options to come alive, I can make a dialup
> connection and it will work.
> Any ideas on how to regain access to the other options?
> TIA
>
> Mike

Mike Hollywood,
Are you using another ISP's broadband (BYO) connection to get Juno services? My understanding is that you need to use Juno/Netzero's connection software for dial-up connection. You can't use the DUN software that is included with Windows.

Download can be found at:
http://my.juno.com/s/download

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>

"Mike Hollywood" <hermboehm@comcast.net> wrote in message news:uL62xSutFHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
Hi,

I've been trying to get an old P2 350 to connect to Juno's Platinum web site
with a dial-up modem. I can get there easy enought via the ethernet port.
I think the problem is under IE6's tools, options, connections, etc. because
everything is grayed out except for the broadband selection which has a dot
in it.
I think if I can get the other options to come alive, I can make a dialup
connection and it will work.
Any ideas on how to regain access to the other options?
TIA

Mike

Hi, thanks for replies. I've been working on this for 2 weeks, and just now
got it resolved!
What it turned out to be was services that Juno calls on, were turned off.
Two were for remote access, and I already forgot what the other one was.
I got the help from Microsoft's web site after receiving an error code of
711 while
trying to set up a new connection for dial-up.
A search on that error code, gave me the steps on how to fix it.

Thanks again for such quick replys!

Mike

ps: the one I forgot was telephony, I just looked it up.

"RRR_News" <RRR_News@isp.com> wrote in message
[...]

You can use the wizard to create a new dialup connection.

How To Configure and Use Dial-Up Connections in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310410

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User