can't make new dial-up connection

Hi,

I've been trying to get an old P2 350 to connect to Juno's Platinum web site
with a dial-up modem. I can get there easy enought via the ethernet port.
I think the problem is under IE6's tools, options, connections, etc. because
everything is grayed out except for the broadband selection which has a dot
in it.
I think if I can get the other options to come alive, I can make a dialup
connection and it will work.
Any ideas on how to regain access to the other options?
TIA

Mike
4 answers Last reply
More about make dial connection

    Mike

    You might want to check and see if your 56k modem is actually working and
    making an appearance in the configuration..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Mike Hollywood" <hermboehm@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been trying to get an old P2 350 to connect to Juno's Platinum web
    > site with a dial-up modem. I can get there easy enought via the ethernet
    > port. I think the problem is under IE6's tools, options, connections, etc.
    > because everything is grayed out except for the broadband selection which
    > has a dot in it.
    > I think if I can get the other options to come alive, I can make a dialup
    > connection and it will work.
    > Any ideas on how to regain access to the other options?
    > TIA
    >
    > Mike

    Mike Hollywood,
    Are you using another ISP's broadband (BYO) connection to get Juno services? My understanding is that you need to use Juno/Netzero's connection software for dial-up connection. You can't use the DUN software that is included with Windows.

    Download can be found at:
    http://my.juno.com/s/download

    Rich/rerat

    (RRR News) <message rule>

    "Mike Hollywood" <hermboehm@comcast.net> wrote in message news:uL62xSutFHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    Hi,

    I've been trying to get an old P2 350 to connect to Juno's Platinum web site
    with a dial-up modem. I can get there easy enought via the ethernet port.
    I think the problem is under IE6's tools, options, connections, etc. because
    everything is grayed out except for the broadband selection which has a dot
    in it.
    I think if I can get the other options to come alive, I can make a dialup
    connection and it will work.
    Any ideas on how to regain access to the other options?
    TIA

    Mike

    Hi, thanks for replies. I've been working on this for 2 weeks, and just now
    got it resolved!
    What it turned out to be was services that Juno calls on, were turned off.
    Two were for remote access, and I already forgot what the other one was.
    I got the help from Microsoft's web site after receiving an error code of
    711 while
    trying to set up a new connection for dial-up.
    A search on that error code, gave me the steps on how to fix it.

    Thanks again for such quick replys!

    Mike

    ps: the one I forgot was telephony, I just looked it up.

    "RRR_News" <RRR_News@isp.com> wrote in message
[...]

    You can use the wizard to create a new dialup connection.

    How To Configure and Use Dial-Up Connections in Windows XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310410

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Mike Hollywood" <hermboehm@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been trying to get an old P2 350 to connect to Juno's Platinum web
    > site with a dial-up modem. I can get there easy enought via the ethernet
    > port. I think the problem is under IE6's tools, options, connections, etc.
    > because everything is grayed out except for the broadband selection which
    > has a dot in it.
    > I think if I can get the other options to come alive, I can make a dialup
    > connection and it will work.
    > Any ideas on how to regain access to the other options?
    > TIA
    >
    > Mike

Connection Dial Up Connection Windows XP