gamer21

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
I am going to upgrade my pc:
I have big price constrains and have selected the xfx mg 630i-7109,i think it is the best in my price range.plus-2 gb ram, 2.4 or 2.5 ghz core2 duo, vista
I basically want to play some new games(does not matter how low they play).No fancy vfx just smooth gameplay.
I searched the min pc reqs for games like dead space, left 4 dead ,burnout paradise,etc
they say 2 gb ram(vista), 2.0 ghz processor,
graphic card with pixel shader 3.0 and vram b/w 128-512.
the ram and processor are alright, pixel shader is also alright with 7100 gs but what about the vram.How it is decided? No where it was able to find the exact value
One site said something like:for 256 mb vram-1gb sys ram, for 256 mb vram-2gb sys ram. How??
I simply want to play 'em.Will I be able to do that with 7100 gs.
I specifically want to play fifa 09.

gamer21

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
com'on guys is that question so hard to answer. Any suggestions for a similar mobo like xfx mg 630i-7109 with onboard grafix.

xfx 630 should work fine. I haven't used the xfx website; I always suggest you find a "cpu support" section to be sure your bios version works with your cpu. Or, I would email xfx tech support and ask them about your cpu before ordering either the board or cpu. I also have an asrock board collecting dust in the attic, if you're interested. It has a g43 chipset and hdmi support.