My P6T X58

Outlawed

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010
Hello community,

I have bought a P6T X58 Asus MB.
I've also bought the 6GB kit of the G.Skill DDR3 1600, PC3-12800, CL 8-8-8-21 that runs at 1.6-1.65 Volts.

It may have become evident to some of you that my MB at stock settings can't support the 1600 memory I have so I want to OC it to get my RAM's full potential.

How do I do this?
Will I need a RAM cooler?

Thanks.

Outlawed

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010
I don't think its an issue with my QPI/DRAM voltage. I tried putting two sticks in my first channel and second channel and got 2 gb, and then put the same sticks on the second and third channel and got 4 gb. I think my first Channel is busted. I tried pumping up the QPI voltage to 1.25 v and nothing resulted. You think I should go up higher than that?

Outlawed

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010
I can't seem to find a button on the MB. I checked the MB manual and it didn't seem to have one. My question is is there a software or utility that allows me to check my RAM slots? Or is there a way on Windows 7 where I can check if there is a problem with the physical slot itself?

Outlawed

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010
Alright I got my MB RMA'ed and I still have the same problem. The Ram only appears if I place it on the first 4 slots but will not appear if I place it on the last two. I have everything set on auto now. I've read different threads, but none really have my problem. Most have the problem of Windows detecting the RAM but not being able to use it. For me, Windows doesn't detect the ram unless its placed in a certain way. Any ideas?

Outlawed

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010
lol yeah I know that. My slots are dimma1, dimma2 and then the same for slots b and c. The actual manual tells me to put them in a1, b1 and c1, when I do that I only get 4 GB. If I take the A1 out it stays at 4GB. I have to put my sticks at b1, b2 and c1, or c1, c2 and b1 for them to show up as 6GB.