How can you think these prices are overpriced compared to an I7 System?
My new P45 motherboard by itself
Gigabyte motherboard 137.00
P7 Asus P6T motherboard 300.00 + 300.00 for processor = 600.00
Plus you have to buy the DDR3 memory which costs more.
As for what I will be doing it will be gaming, watching HD Video, and general computing.
I will be running at 1900x1200 resolution.
I've actually already made up my mind...here is what I will be going with.
May make a couple minor tweaks like CPU cooler, but this my purchase:
And from my I7 previous build plan I saved roughly 800-1000 bucks.
* Antec 1200 case
* Corsair 750TX power supply
* Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard
* Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8500 – Retail
* 4870 1gb Saphire Radeon 1GB 256-bit DDR5 video card
* 2x2gb 8500 Corsair Dominators
* Western Digital Raptor 300gb (primary)
* Western Digital Black Caviar 640GB (secondary)
* Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler
* LG Blu-ray/HD DVD Burner Model GGC-H20L
* Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound