User Account Passwords. etc...

I have set up 3 User Accounts: User1, User2, and Visitor. User1 and User2
are password protected. But Visitor can log in, go to Start/Control
Panel/User Accounts, and change or delete any of the passwords. So these
passwords are worthless. Is there a way that only User1 or User2 can change
or delete their passwords??
3 answers Last reply
More about user account passwords

    Tom Volk wrote:
    > I have set up 3 User Accounts: User1, User2, and Visitor. User1 and User2
    > are password protected. But Visitor can log in, go to Start/Control
    > Panel/User Accounts, and change or delete any of the passwords. So these
    > passwords are worthless. Is there a way that only User1 or User2 can change
    > or delete their passwords??

    Did you grant the "Visitor" account with administrative privileges? If
    so, what you see is perfectly normal. Why not use, instead, the
    built-in Guest account, which has very limited privileges by default?

    HOW TO Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q308418

    HOW TO Set, View, Change, or Remove Special Permissions for Files and
    Folders
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];Q308419

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Set the user accounts to "Limited user"

    Share Your Windows XP PC: Get Started:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/share/intro.mspx

    Learn how the right user account can help your computer security:
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/online/logoff_admin_account.mspx

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    > Why not use, instead, the built-in Guest account,

    Microsoft Security Baseline Analyzer says that a turned-on Guest account is
    a security risk

Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP