Solved

Q6600 with ddr3 1333

I have my q6600 overclocked to 3.4GHz on my p45-ud3lr board. i was hoping to get my ram at a 1:1 ratio and cpuz reports it a 3:5. my multiplier is 425x8. is there any way to get my 1333 ram at a 1:1 ratio?what FSB would i have to use in order to keep my ram at 1333. no matter what i do my ram never shows at 1:1. my bios doesn't have an option for fsb:dram ratio.
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about q6600 ddr3 1333
  1. one other thing. will this really effect my performance not keeping it at a 1:1 ratio?
  2. Best answer
    You would need a fsb of 666.5 to run your ram at 1333 and a 1:1 ratio. That just isn't going to happen.

I would run your ram at the highest setting that is stable without over volting.

Or you can run with a fsb of 425, effectively running the ram at 850mhz and a 1:1 ratio.

I personally think that is an incredible waste of your ddr3's bandwidth.
  3. So basically with ddr3 1333-1600 memory its almost impossible to get a 1:1 ratio with any CPU?
  4. And with an fsb of 666 x 5 that seems to equal 3.3 and change. Why can't this happen?
  5. You will not be able to reach that fsb on any mobo 450 to 500 is about the limit
  6. I see. So I guess I have no choice but not to run at a 1:1 ratio. I have read so many different opinions on whether this will affect performance or not. I am actually running my memory at 1416 frequency with 7-7-7-20 timings. I do have one question about that which probably doesnt fit in this thread but I'll ask in anyway. My Row Refresh Recycle Time is reported at 74 Clocks in CPU-z by default. Is this really high or should i try to widdle it down, and how important is it? Thanks for all the responses.
  7. It's a little high but that's normal with ddr3. You can try to tweak it down a little, just test for stability so not to Corrupt files. I would focus on the main timings first, and maybe try running in 1T.
  8. For some reason when i enter 1 as my command rate in BIOS CPU-z still reports it as 2T. At default my BIOS says its at "0" auto. Any ideas?
  9. sportsfanboy said:

I personally think that is an incredible waste of your ddr3's bandwidth.

I think that's true for just using DDR3 RAM with a Core2 CPU. I do not think that a Core2 CPU can take full advantage of DDR3's poetential.
  10. I did read some benchmarks and with lower timings 7-7-7-20, it just barely beats ddr2 1067 with 5-5-5-15 timings. But i figure it is future proof, no?
  11. "Future proof" is a null concept.

OK. So some time in the future, you have the possibility of moving your DDR3 RAM to a new platform, in essence rendering a quite nice, though technologically obsolete, computer inoperable. When you do move the RAM, it will probably be obsolete, the market having moved on to DDR4 or DDR3-3000 :) or something.
  12. haha, you are probably right, but say I need a new mobo one day and decide to grab an i5 or i7 along with it, my ddr3 will go right along with it and save me $90. Also, I have my ddr3 at 1417 frequency with 7-7-7-19, which according to benchmarks I saw does out perform ddr2 1066. So I don't believe I wasted my money.
  13. By future proof , I think 1-2 years I should be ok with this ram.
  14. Best answer selected by adamh9.
Ask a new question

Read More

Intel DDR3 RAM Overclocking