Vista 64 Bit and XP 32 Bit Dual Boot

Beldin20

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
Heya!

Ok here what i've got:

I've installed XP on a system, decided to upgrade to Vista 64-Bit. Well I know there are many old games that I play, so I wanted to keep XP. So I purchased a secondary hard drive. I was doing some testing on another system and had removed my XP hard drive while installing Vista. So now there the problem: I can boot into either system if I change the Bios Hard drive boot order, but I have no Idea how to set up a dual boot option on boot up. I don't want to have to goto Bios every time I want to boot a different OS. I have tried running EasyBCD and VistaBootPro, but neither one will recognize my XP install, even when I install them on my XP hard drive! Maybe i'm just overlooking some simple little mistake but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read
Beldin20

toledo_speedo

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
Vista 64 Ultimate should give you a Boot option if the hard drives are RAIDed. If it is not Ultimate I am not sure what to tell you.

Beldin20

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
Heya,

Thanks for the quick response. Yes I am running Vista Ultimate, but I've never had much luck with Raid. So no raid setup.

Thanks
Beldin20

TRENDING THREADS