Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Looking for Soyo K7V Dragon Plus Motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
February 1, 2009 2:45:03 AM

Saw in older thread might be some there out there, anybody got a working used one ? Thanks.
February 3, 2009 2:43:26 AM

Hi I got 4 of them 2 Brand NewSY K7VME, 1 looks New SY K7VME and 1 Used K7V Dragon Plus that I'm trying to find a manual for. I am looking for a Buyer. Call me 660-679-5265 or email sortkwikle@yahoo.com Hope to hear from you.
February 3, 2009 3:33:47 AM

I found around 15 Soyo Motherboards in the back room about 2 wks ago where I keep alot of Computer Parts, forgot I had them, I've sold 2 of them so far. A Black Dragon and a Kt 880, Let me know if your interested.
Related resources
February 3, 2009 12:13:30 PM

Piewacket said:
I found around 15 Soyo Motherboards in the back room about 2 wks ago where I keep alot of Computer Parts, forgot I had them, I've sold 2 of them so far. A Black Dragon and a Kt 880, Let me know if your interested.

Is the K7V Dragon Plus in good shape ? Was it running when it was removed ? If any of the others are socket 462 I would be interested. Will email you.
Thanks for reply !
May 2, 2009 3:26:23 AM

Piewacket said:

Hi-
I am looking for a K7V Dragon Plus!-- Do you have any of those?
a b V Motherboard
May 5, 2009 7:11:54 PM

brownntx said:
Hi-
I am looking for a K7V Dragon Plus!-- Do you have any of those?

Why?

And yes, I have 1, and its 100% operational.

The only thing that would keep it from being classed as pristeen perfect is one of the center ceramic hold down fingers is missing off the 462 Socket, but any multi finger catch type CPU heatsink secures without a problem, plus you should already know it has the heatsink mounting holes in the M/B itself.

May 5, 2009 11:26:22 PM

4Ryan6 said:
Why?

And yes, I have 1, and its 100% operational.

The only thing that would keep it from being classed as pristeen perfect is one of the center ceramic hold down fingers is missing off the 462 Socket, but any multi finger catch type CPU heatsink secures without a problem, plus you should already know it has the heatsink mounting holes in the M/B itself.

Reason-- Because I have had a really good run with this one-- it had puffed cap's on it, replaced them, and when rebooted, am getting CMOS Checksum Error... can't resolve with resetting CMOS or replacing battery, also tried re-flashing BIOS (which worked fine)... still have to pull board back out of chassis and power stand-alone to see if managed to short a trace to a standoff... but not holding much hope on that one being the resolution.

Would like to replace with same board since have drivers loaded/etc.

Yes, do already use alternate method of mounting heatsink...

Is there a good way to get in touch with you?

Thanks!

a b V Motherboard
May 6, 2009 1:27:30 AM

Well I haven't seriously given any thought to selling it, but if I do you'll also be paying the shipping for where it has to be shipped to, I live in the US.

There has been one change to it, and that is the SOYO Northbridge cooling fan started making noise so I replaced it with an oversized passive heatsink, which actually cools better than the stock cooling fan did.

The M/B works and is operational, there are a couple of capacitors with a slight bulge beginning to form, but they're not blown yet.

The M/B is at least a solid 5yrs old so there is no guarantee past a DOA situation, it may last a month or years, theres no way to know how long it would last, so this whole thing makes me kinda skeptical, why don't you just build yourself a newer machine?

a b V Motherboard
May 6, 2009 2:47:18 PM

FYI > You may actually find a brand new Dragon M/B on Ebay, have you looked on Ebay to see?
May 7, 2009 4:08:07 AM

4Ryan6 said:
FYI > You may actually find a brand new Dragon M/B on Ebay, have you looked on Ebay to see?

Thank you for your reply yesterday and your concern in sending it in the event the Cap's and/or other factors are an issue.

I have a bit more trouble-shooting to do before I give up on this board... so have to wait 'till Sat. to have time.

Per Ebay-- Yes, have looked a bit without a lot of luck on this model. There are a TON of small computer shops around town here, so may ping some of those.

I will look forward to seeing what happens when I try a couple of other things, and in the meantime, appreciate very much your consideration in offering info on your motherboard, and ideas to help me get this machine going. I have to stay with '98 due to a non-portable application, so have to find a m/b that will run '98.. plus have an older AGP (still need to check Vsupply to see if 1.5 or 3.3, but think 3.3, so would have to buy new video card), plus have this machine running "silent" with fairly exp. cooling fan(s) and resources, so hate to move to platform that won't allow me to utilize those resources...

Will be in touch asap so don't leave you hanging on sale of your m/b, as quickly as I can determine if purchasing your board (with no risk to you, and no hard feelings if it's not so healthy...) is my best option, or if another is easier/better.

My best!

a b V Motherboard
May 7, 2009 12:40:35 PM

Quote:
with no risk to you, and no hard feelings if it's not so healthy...) is my best option, or if another is easier/better.

No problems man, I just want to be sure its worth it to you, take your time the M/B is operational on an open wall demo display, [Meaning its displayed and operational on a board not inside a case].

I have it setup to explain to customers [I fix and repair computers as a hobby, not an income], what various components of the computer actually do.

If you really need it, I don't mind swapping it out for another M/B I have on hand, so finish your tests, and if you need it fine if not thats fine too.

Have a great day, and by the way do you live in the US? Ryan

July 31, 2009 4:13:00 PM

Hey 4ryan6,

If you still have that dragon board I would like to purchase it! Mine just crapped out on me and I had it on the stripped raid setup and need to get info of those hard drives. Can u help me?

Here is my email: brnmoore@aol.com

I hope you can help,

thanks Brian
September 8, 2010 1:26:38 PM

Could someone send me a copy of the K7V dragon plus manual? may e-mail is saltim.banco@yahoo.com
a b V Motherboard
September 8, 2010 10:30:43 PM

This topic has been closed by 4ryan6
!