I7 Temp help

Last response: in CPUs
December 28, 2008 2:56:43 AM

so it says my cpu is 30 C but all the cores are around 45-50 c range
is this good im not oc it and i have a antec 1200 with a stock cooler
any help would be very needed thx

More about : temp

December 28, 2008 3:38:03 AM

Did you install it yourself? If so you may need to remove the heatsink and apply a think layer of thermal paste using your finger on the chip. Search videos on youtube if you are unsure. Mine is running at 35oC Idle with a 3.2 Ghz overclock on the stock cooler.
December 28, 2008 3:46:30 AM

ambient temps?
Related resources
December 28, 2008 5:20:43 AM

first off i7 run very hot - do you not find it strange that thermalright the heat pipe pioneer had the 1366 brackets but nobody else? ya intel gave them the specs first since they are #1

second - you have the nb plus the cpu in the same package - it is hotter

i shipped a i7 at 80-85c at 4.3ghz and 70-75c at 3.8ghz with the 920

why? you never run your cpu like an orthos test, as long as the end user knows that under normal usage and massive multitasking 50-60c is normal.

now what if they have a mssive raid or do video encoding you need to factor in that - THE FACT IS EATER COOLING AND THE I7 love each other!

i tell all my customers that water cooling is only for gpu's and for getting that extra 5% - i7 changes all that!

i7 and wate cooling will be the norm -- i see double 120mm swiftech with air cooled gpu's in the $3-4k - the range i sell in for high end gamer. ya sure for $8k you can get all water but if you want a high end system in the $2.5k to $3.5k thing have reversed.

water cool the cpu and air cool the gpu! dual 4870 x2 dark knight, with a double swiftech bolt on the back or on top (like cooler master case) is the sweet spot for 95% bracket in performace for the way less then $8k crowd!

look for photos in a few weeks!

December 28, 2008 5:24:41 AM

first off i7 run very hot - do you not find it strange that thermalright the heat pipe pioneer had the 1366 brackets but nobody else? ya intel gave them the specs first since they are #1

second - you have the nb plus the cpu in the same package - it is hotter

i shipped a i7 at 80-85c at 4.3ghz and 70-75c at 3.8ghz with the 920

why? you never run your cpu like an orthos test, as long as the end user knows that under normal usage and massive multitasking 50-60c is normal.

now what if they have a mssive raid or do video encoding you need to factor in that - THE FACT IS wATER COOLING AND THE I7 love each other!

i tell all my customers that water cooling is only for gpu's and for getting that extra 5% - i7 changes all that!

i7 and wate cooling will be the norm -- i see double 120mm swiftech with air cooled gpu's in the $3-4k - the range i sell in for high end gamer. ya sure for $8k you can get all water but if you want a high end system in the $2.5k to $3.5k thing have reversed.

water cool the cpu and air cool the gpu! dual 4870 x2 dark knight, with a double swiftech bolt on the back or on top (like cooler master case) is the sweet spot for 95% bracket in performace for the way less then $8k crowd!

look for photos in a few weeks!

same as always 65c is fine under 70c in hot room under full load is fine - for the enthusiasts looking for info read what i wrote it is dead on!
December 28, 2008 8:59:22 AM

lol double post...
December 28, 2008 2:31:20 PM

lol maby i didnt put a think enough layer of thermal paste because i know i installed the heatsick correctly
December 28, 2008 6:57:17 PM

Less is better in this case. So thats not your problem, there is no problem.
December 29, 2008 7:31:37 AM

i hate that! i must have hit it twice when i went back?

with a stock cooler your temps are fine

and 30c and 40-50c is norma since they read from different diodes
!