DLL Recovery site?

ARaptorRising

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
Hey, THW veterans. I'm here today to ask if anyone has knowledge of a site where I can grab some healthy DLLs to replace a couple corrupted ones I've got, or a site to just see which DLLs I need to have in order for my computer to function properly.

After a couple system changes [one of them namely being the removal of net framework 1.0 and 1.1, which I later had to do a system restore to get stable from and recover] my windows explorer sometimes crashes for no reason when I perform simple tasks like opening folders within folders, transfer files between partitions, and transfer data to USB folders.

I am also experiencing my computer completely killing itself [!] and then reloading later, saying "it's recovered from a serious error." This happens very rarely, and is seemingly triggered by random events similar to the ones that crash explorer.

This only started happening very recently, apparently as soon as I had begun messing with flash, shockwave, my SP updates, and my net framework while trying to reduce, reuse, and recycle any and all space on my mysteriously crippled hard drive.

It's a 150 gig hard drive that for the life of me I can only manage to free up about 40 gigs from... the rest are somehow hidden. Or maybe just really really widely spread out. I've checked my windows folder to see if that was the bulk... but that's only about 6 gigs. Program files folder is about the same too. Misc data comes up the same too.

Basically, what I want to do is repair my system while I still can, since my recovery functionality was apparently wiped out years ago [which is why in an earlier question I reported that my recovery folder was replaced with a Compaq warning and nothing more, it's empty otherwise] I cannot perform a self-heal. I need to know what DLLs are standard for Windows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack 2, and any information regarding my current issues would be appreciated.