Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Cooler Master
  • Cooling
  • Motherboards
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
January 18, 2010 2:58:34 PM

Both coolers go for the same price on newegg.com ($30), but which is better for AM3 setup? My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-MA770T.

- Do they cover up the RAM slots?
- Which is easier to install?
- Which is quieter?
- Which produces better temp?

More about : cooler master hyper 212 xigmatek hdt s1283

a b K Overclocking
January 18, 2010 3:10:57 PM

Personally i wouldn't get either of those.

For the best price/performance ratio i would buy the Thermolab BARAM for $40. It is about the same price, but with much better performance. Actually frosty tech rates it as the number 2 heatsink out there.

This cooler is pretty small as well so i dont think you need to worry about it blocking ram slots.

Temp comparison chart:
http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=234...

But out of the 2 you listed the hdt-s1283 kills the hyper 212+ in all areas.
m
l
January 18, 2010 3:44:27 PM

Do you know how good is the thermal compound that comes with these coolers? Should I get Arctic Silver 5?
m
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
January 18, 2010 3:50:01 PM

AS5 helps a bit, but its only going to drop your temps by ~3-5c. If i were you i would buy the as5 just in case you need to re-seat your cooler, but the cooler traditionally comes with enough thermal paste to last you 2-3 times.
m
l
January 18, 2010 6:24:49 PM

You might want to try the Akasa Nero. I've just ordered it as based on the Frosty Tech charts it seems to have the best cooling:noise ratio at a decent price. I haven't tried it yet though, so read some reviews etc. I was going to get the 212+ but the Nero is 8bB quieter for just over a degree temp increase...
m
l
January 20, 2010 8:45:43 AM

i ahve a phenom 2 720 overclocked to 3.6 and my temps are great with this heatsink and it will be about 30 includding shipping
my temps were 26c idle and aroudn 35c load all you need to do is get a second fan for it its big tho but its great and cheap its compared to the v8 good luck on yoru search wanna know more pm me

http://cmstore.coolermaster-usa.com/product_info.php?cP...
m
l
!