Palm and Infra red connections

a b D Laptop
March 4, 2005 11:19:14 AM

At work I've got an IBM T42 Think Pad. When my Palm Z72 is in front of
the laptop, the laptop senses there is a computer close by and even
knows its name. I haven't set up any connections for either the palm
or the laptop. And, by the way, Bluetooth is turned *off* on the
handheld. The laptop actually makes a connection to the Palm and will
allow me to transfer files from the laptop to the Palm, and the Palm
recieves them -- again, Bluetooth turned off.

If I turn Bluetooth on and try to add a trusted device -- the laptop --
the Palm does not show any nearby devices. Even while it is connected
through the laptop's infra red.

What's going on here? I think it's pretty cool that I can transfer
files from the laptop to the Palm in this way, but I'd like to transfer
files from the Palm to the laptop, too. Any suggestions?

robre
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 4, 2005 11:28:30 AM

OK, I figured it out. The the two computers and using "Documents to
Go." I was able to transfer a file from the Palm to the laptop --
although I can't find it yet.

robre
!