Noob help with standoffs

naits360

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2008
Ok so this is my first time building a computer, I knew i would run into some problems but not major ones. But anyways when I have an Antec P182 with a Asus P6T Deluxe motherboard, and I'm not 100% sure how to set it up inside my case. I know that there these "stand offs" that are suppused to make a gap between the case and the mobo, and that on these "standsoffs" the motherboard is supposed to rest and the screws go through the motherboard and into the "standoffs".
But my problem is that i can only find 3 standoffs screws, isn't there supposed to be like.. 9? cause theres 9 places on my mobo for screws..

Stian^^

naits360

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2008

Ok so this is how my case looks
casescrews
( i didn't screw anything in it yet) it'
s got 9 sections where i can fasten the mobo, but i can only find 3 stand offs, ( but actually, when i look closesly it looks like the stand offs are already intact? am i right?)

Stian :D

Raviolissimo

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
yeah, it look like you got stand-offs already installed in the case.

it's worse checking to make sure they're all tight. if they're not tight, when you put the screw in, and later on try to un-screw it, sometimes the stand-off will come loose from the case, which is a pain in the ass.

that's also one reason to not put the 9 new screws in really tight. just sort of snug.

those kind of screws are ubiquitous. it sounds like you only have 3 of the kind of screws that have the fine thread (edges closer together). different than the screw to mount the power supply.

naits360

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2008

Ok so to be a 100% sure that MY STANDOFFS are already intact, here are some better pics...

The first is 1 of 3 screws tha followed with the case:

http://www.mypicx.com/uploadimg/1495449326_02012009_1.jpg

This is just a closer pic of the standoffs that are already intact:

http://www.mypicx.com/uploadimg/1986760594_02012009_2.jpg

But isn't it kinda weird that my asus p6t didn't include any standoffs in the packaging at all?