Kingston 6g DDR3 1600 HyperX memory
Asus PT6 X58 motherboard
Creative Audigy 2 sound card
Cyberpower 800w power supply
Saitek Cyborg keyboard
Razor Deathadder mouse
Windows 7 Home Premium
Overclocked 10%

1st gaming rig and looks like 10% is nothing. Would like to try to overclock more myself. Also,
this little water cooling rig is new to me. With overclocking higher would I be safer with Cooler Master v8 $38 or Xigmatek Thor's Hammer $47 (Astetek is free, The other 2 are available upgrades from Cyberpower). Have a few days to change build so please help a old fart with this. Thx

RJR

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
You may want to upgrade the PSU they are giving you. Here is just one comment on that PSU I found really quick.

They are considering AIR as an upgrade for the water cooling, that should give you an idea of how good it is.

Don't know about their policy about OCing, but I would presume if they don't lock the BIOS so you can OC, that would effect your warranty. Not 100% sure but you may want to ask them before to be sure. I haven't bought a built computer in a long time now, it's just to much fun building them.

notty22

Distinguished
I have the corsair h50. Its been out now for 7 months. I'm having really good results with mine and so are a lot of other people. They are up to their third revision, don't know if that has anything to do with my positive results.
At 4000, I stay at about 62 in prime 95, runs 29 at idle. With speed step enabled 20.
I say go mini water (self contained) FTW

edit: Usually someone has chimed in with recommending to not pay for the 960. I know its 3.2 , but I can guarantee that you can o/c the 920 to similar #'s especially if your staying under 4.0ghz. Good luck. I agree with maybe spending the money and opting for a corsair psu vs their brand.

aladinsane2005

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009

Upgraded to Corsair 950w power supply and Sound Blaster X-fi Gamer soundcard

aladinsane2005

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
New roof, borrowed $5000 to daughter, new tires for Van, god dam doctor bills. Yeah spend money. But stopped drinking and smoking and saved big bucks so tired of my old dell. Got into games but computer too slow so buying gaming rig from Cyberpower. Made changes based on advise from friends and forums. Power supply worried me so for $75.00 more got more than i needed. Won't break me. Sound card at Daughter's request so she can play around with music.
That's it in a nut shell. $2,350 delivered can't wait to play Guild wars, Mass Effect and multi task on good rig. Couple friends bought from CyberPower and had no problems. Will post when I get it and hopefully brag.

notty22

Distinguished

Good for you (smoking/drinking) , you rig is only going to cost about 8 months of those vices, lol, I kid. What video card(s) did you go with. AFter you get the computer, come back and tell us your experience. How long to ship etc.
Good Luck!

edit : IMO I have this theory why Cyberpower has been offering the self contained water cooler for some of their builds. ONE, as I found in my case, it works SUPER. The other BIG reason is, shipping without those HUGE coolers hanging off your m/b. They weigh over a pound, even with a back plate, moving it around locally you should be careful. UPS is /can be a wildcard. THIRD- I paid 60 bucks on sale, anyways similar prices to V8 or True 120.

aladinsane2005

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009

Adam show me your build for a $1000 less, no way with my parts but i'm from Missouri

TRENDING THREADS