melissa94

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
i cant boot from my cd and i have put cd 1st in bios and still i dont get the message to press any key from cd.its not the cd because i have tried it on others can someone help me please

melissa94

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
thanx afford 10 very helpful.while im at it can you explain why when im trying to format one of my computers to xp media center and when i stick the cd in.tells me to put the product key and i dont have it.i have click in my computer-right click open on disc-folder I386-unattend- and bottom the product key that it gives me but i go to put it on the slot of product key and tells me incorrect.is there a way or can you help me figure that out thank you

melissa94

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
yes adford.its a windows 7 format disk and well the whole reason im booting from my cd is because the windows 7 cd is in spanish and i cant understand spanish so when i insert the disc i cant format because it tells me that my last up grade is in english .so i want to boot from cd so i can change the language to english and just format it sounds difficult but im sure im not doing something right.im kind of computer illiterate but i do follow directions very good can u help me

melissa94

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
i dont want to install in spanish.I currently have windows xp media center and i want to upgrade to windows 7.the disc i have is the windows 7 but its in spanish what can i do so i can proceed

You can do the install, and then download the language pack here.
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/08/29/download-windows-7-mui-language-packs-official-32-bit-and-64-bit-direct-download-links/

From what I understand, Windows 7 ultimate, is the only version that has the option to switch during the install.

melissa94

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
yeah i understand aford10,but i cant do the install because before i get to the second step.it tells me error because the last update i got on my computer was in english and now i have a spanish disc.so thats where im stuck because i cant install im stuck on part 2

melissa94

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
i havent been able to get to that screen because i cant boot cd,i have followed the steps.in bios taking all boots out except cd and it gives me (disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter)

I'm confused, I thought you were getting this. ^^

melissa94

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
ok aford i appreciate u very much.Here it goes and its been driving me crazy since wednesday.a friend lend me a disk he had for formatting windows 7.Its in spanish.So i brought it home and i put the disk in.Before the second step an error pops up saying that my last format was in englisg and i cannot procced so my computer does read the disk.So i took it back to his house and he taught me how to boot in cd, which he did the process in front of me and the disk went to this screen http://pcsupport.about.com/od/oper [...] rt-1_5.htm.he didnt proceed because he said the rest i can handle.so i took it home and my computer would boot cd until you showed me how to boot from bios with taking the other boots away,which you solve that issue.Now the problem i have is that when i boot from cd it tells me (disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter). so i havent actually seen that screen on my computer but i have seen it on my friends computer and that whats boggling me.sorry to confuse u

Ok, that makes a little more sense. So you first tried doing it inside windows (which is where you got the language error.

Look at the boot options in the BIOS. Sometimes there is an option for CD/DVD drive, but will also list your actual CD/DVD drive model as an option. If it lists your CD/DVD drive model as an option, you'll want that as the first boot device instead of the generic CD/DVD option.

melissa94

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
no theres only one option on cd/dvd which is the one i have chosen and i have taken the other boots out (hardware floppy disc ect.)the way u showed me earlier.now i can boot cd but it gives me the (disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter)

If you're getting that message, then it's not booting off the CD. It's looking for the specified boot device, and not finding it.

You can try hitting the Enter key a few times, and see if it's just slow in recognizing the disc. Other than that, my best suggestion, would be to try a different CD drive.

Is it a burned CD? Does it look scratched or smudged? If yes, try cleaning it with a soft cloth, and a few drops of water. That can help the drive read the disc.

melissa94

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
aford10 thank u you are a genious.i tried a different cd drive and yes!!!!!!!.
wow i wish i had your skills.Im a welder but i got a better oppurtunity in ACS in other words a better job and thats why i learning about computers because prior to last month all i knew was to check emails and basic stuff.but in order to get that job i have to pass COMPTIA a+ 220-701 AND 220-702.they gave me sybex and pearson books but they were expensive for me and is there a better way i could learn the essentials and practical exam,like a software u know of or something that wont break my wallet