Cause of these Prime95 Errors?

Hi, I'm running into some errors that I'm hoping you can help me sort out.

I'm running an E8400 C0 @ 3.6 GHz on an EVGA 750i FTW. RAM is 4GB OCZ Titanium 4-4-4-15 @ 2.2v.
Vcore is set at 1.30 in BIOS, reading at 1.28 in CPUID HWM
FSB 1600QDR - 1.2v
SPP - 1.4v
NF200 - 1.2v
LDT - 5x

I'm not getting and random crashes and games run without any issues, but I never really did much stress-testing. Errors I'm getting:

Less than an hour of Small FFTs - Worker 1: FATAL ERROR: Final result was B9CA653A, expected: 0555250D.
Less than an hour of Large FFTs - Worker 2: FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.4765625, expected less than 0.4

Are these voltage related? With Vcore a bit lower I used to get the Rounding error at 0.5.

The reason I ask is I'd like to try to go to 3.8 GHz, but before I even try I'd like to pinpoint where the problem lies.

I can give you more BIOS settings if needed - Thanks for your help!
4 answers Last reply
More about cause prime95 errors
  1. Typically, that means that the vcore is too low, but only by a very small margin. The first thing I would try is upping the core voltage by a hair. There are a couple of other things you could mess with as well, but in all likelihood, the core voltage will fix it.
  2. ^ this.

if you fail a test, its because your OC isn't stable. but if you aren't crashing, a Vcore boost should be enough to stabilize it.
  3. Intel's recommended maximum voltage is 1.3625 volts. So you have plenty of room to play with.
  4. Had the similar problem where i upped the volts for Dimms and was good to go.
Ask a new question

Read More

Intel Overclocking