Can't Install Driver on vista 32-bit (2600xt)

marky7186

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
I freshly installed a copy of Windows Visa Home Premium on my machine.

I'm running a HIS Radeon HD 2600xt...

When i run the Catalyst CD my card came with, I cannot install the driver. It says "Cannot find any installable components."

I'm not sure what to do from here, I've taken the card out, reseated it. However I'm using it at the moment so not sure why it cannot be "found."

Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do? I have updated to the most recent NET framework, and I'm truly stuck.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

marky7186

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
Just installed the latest driver. Surprisingly enough it said it completed. Required a reboot and that worked fine. But I still see no install of the catalyst control center. I click on the desktop to try and see if my video card is installed and I'm still out of luck.

When i open up Display Settings and click Advanced. I see no adapter installed. Chip Type, DAC Type etc.. all "Unknown"

Something fishy is going on here. Any other ideas?

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
Did you download the Catalyst software suite? or only the Display driver? if so you need to download the other part called Catalyst control center. (This is why you always download the bigger "Catalyst software suite")

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
Are you sure that it's Vista 32? If you are, the easiest way to get rid of any software incompatibilities is to get the latest Catalyst Software Suite, reinstall windows, and install it then.

peppy197

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
I got mine installed by "uninstalling" using the same setup, opted for custom, did not click on the driver but only the CCC and then re-installed it

TaranQ

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
I cannot install the latest ATI drivers on Windows Vista Home Premium.
real stupid that an officially released driver from the ATI website isn't able to install!!