Need help overclocking. Total Newbe

webjockey

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2010
Hi guys, First of all a big thanks to all you helping selecting the parts for my rig. Some of the parts i could not get in au, so i just got alternatives in that case. Now the system is up an running, everything is fine so far and i am ready for the next challenge i.e. overclocking. I am a total newbe to that. i got no idea where to start and what to do, however if guys could please help, we can make it happen. I am looking upto a safe mode possibly 3.8ghz as many say it is a sweet spot for 920. Dont wanna touch the ram, only cpu coz i am afraid touching ram could upset ram voltages and that in result could burn my cpu. intel says it should be under1.65v and i am already on border. (do i know what i am talking about???)

PLEASE I need step by step instructions in plain english. i am online all night for that.

Thanks in advance.

System Configuration:
CPU: i7 920
CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 plus
Mobo: P6T
RAM: Corsair XMS3 6GB DDR3 1333 CL: 7. Timing: 7-7-7-20. Voltage: 1.65v Model: TR3X6G1333C7
PSU: Corsair HX650 (modular)
GPU: Gigabyte HD5750
CASE: Antec Three Hundred
Option Case Fan: Yes. Two 120mm generic fans. All together 4 in the case. 2 intake, 2 exhaust.
HDD. Seagate 1TB, 7200rpm. Seagate 500GB, 7200 rpm.

Solution
In addition to the great How-To thread jsc gave you a link to you might also consider looking into user groups that have the same motherboard as you.

There's always good info to be found in places where many have the same equipment as you do.

LoneWolf_53

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
In addition to the great How-To thread jsc gave you a link to you might also consider looking into user groups that have the same motherboard as you.

There's always good info to be found in places where many have the same equipment as you do.

Solution