Sign in with
Your question

Where Do I Start If I Want To Overclock My New i5 750 CPU?

Last response: in Overclocking
January 20, 2010 5:06:56 PM

I am just about to finish up my first ever pc build. So far so good. I'd like to know the exact steps I need to take to OC my i5 750 cpu. I do not want to oc that much, just a bit. Maybe to the mid 3.3 to 3.5ghz or so. My mobo is the Asus p7p55d-e pro.

I also have 4GB of DDR3 g.shill ripjaws 1600mhz RAM. I believe with the i5 750 I can only get 1333mhz correct? If so, how do I get it to safely run at 1600mhz with the stock speed ratings of 7-8-7-24? I'd love to learn how to do these two simple things. I also do not want to mess up my brand new pc though. I am a very careful person that is ready to try overclocking in it's simplest form.

BTW: I do have the Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus as my cpu heatsink also. Please let me know if you need any other info from me.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks for your time!

- manooly
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 20, 2010 5:42:25 PM

In your bios there should be a Line item for selecting XMP profile for your Ram. Inable it.

Not sure on your MB, But on Mine (Gigabyte P55-UM4P) when I did that it rasied me Bclock to 160 and changed my multiplier (CPU) to 17. I just simply changed the multiplier to 20 and instant 3.2 GHz.
m
l
!