Need hd 4870 x2 latest drivers

Yeah high for some reason im not getting high frame rates on my hd 4870 x2 so I was wondering what is the latest driver out there? Can you send me a link to all the things I need for it. I would really appreciate it

Don't worry about me removing all the old drivers since I well be reinstalling my os again.

Using Vista 64 bit
12 answers Last reply
More about need 4870 latest drivers
  1. Quote:
    just go to ati's site or look at the welcome screen in the cat's.

yeah I attempted to do that but they had a few listings wasn't sure what one to use there was a 56mb file and then they had option 2 or w/e so im not sure to only choose option 1

Before when I dl cata 8.10 my frame rates weren't that good. So i thought i dl wrong file ><
  2. Drivers from ATI, vista 64 /4870 (Don't know if differ for X2)
    http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=vista64/common-vista64

Editted - day late and a dollor short
  3. Quote:
    define fps not good?

20-30 fps crysis wars 1680 x 1050 sometimes 40fps depending on level...

even if i used lower resolution still wouldn't help even with out AA on still low that's why I was alarmed.

btw i use e8600 3.33ghz 4 gig ram so ya ....
  4. RetiredChief said:
    Drivers from ATI, vista 64 /4870 (Don't know if differ for X2)
    http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=vista64/common-vista64

Yeah I dl that file last time 56mb one option 1 only, am I supposed to dl those other files?
  5. Matt87 said:
    20-30 fps crysis wars 1680 x 1050 sometimes 40fps depending on level...

even if i used lower resolution still wouldn't help even with out AA on still low that's why I was alarmed.

btw i use e8600 3.33ghz 4 gig ram so ya ....

That's about what you're supposed to be getting in Crysis Warhead:

http://techreport.com/articles.x/15651/8
  6. The 56 MB file is all you need. The others are for users who just want the driver or a new CCC app. You file had both.

Do other games run at low fps?
  7. Well even when I put settings on medium its same lol....
    thats why i assume its a problem im going to reinstall my os soon so i start out fresh ill let ya know how it goes ><

and yah i got low frames on other games kinda....
  8. Ya that is low. I get about 40-50 FPS with DX9 and all the settings at "high"

EDIT: 1920x1200
  9. The FPS is low...but this is why I am selling my 4870x2...driver issues. I am tired of ATI driver problems (dont flame me about nforce drivers 'cause I already know)...but really...I couldn't stretch my desktop to 2 monitors at 3840x1200...WHY NOT?!?!?!

BAH!

Drivers are hell
  10. bornking said:
    The FPS is low...but this is why I am selling my 4870x2...driver issues. I am tired of ATI driver problems (dont flame me about nforce drivers 'cause I already know)...but really...I couldn't stretch my desktop to 2 monitors at 3840x1200...WHY NOT?!?!?!

BAH!

Drivers are hell

how much your asking?
  11. its on ebay
    just search gigabyte 4870x2 and the one with the purple all over it and the Canada location is mine.
    ebay.ca
    or
    ebay.co.uk
    I will not link it since I don't want to sell my stuff via this board, but since you asked you can search for it...there are two bids on it now and 2 days left.
  12. 20-30 is very low for that system. I run 35-52 fps on Warhead. 1680x1050 on gamer setting. It very rarely drops below 42FPS .My system is E8400 @ 3.6, DDR3 10666 4gigs, P5E3 deluxe Asus MB, Antec P190 case, HD 4870 x2, Samsung T260 25.5" 1080P, Bose companion 5 speakers.

My advice for people with Driver problems is to run a dual boot system. I run the Vista Ultimate 32 with two sides, one for games and one for everything else. My game side doesn't have any programs other than games on it. A stripped down version of windows always runs better. BTW i am using drivers 8.10 without any problems.

Before selling the best card to date, you should really try a clean install on a different drive or partition.

Your system sounds similar to mine and my system slaps Crysis and makes it cry.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Drivers Windows Vista HD Graphics