is this possible???

xxcoop42xx

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
i have a GTX 260 Core 216 and i oc'ed it to match the GTX 260 (192) FTW edition and i used a program to watch for artifacts called "video card stability test" and i ran both modes, it has a artifact watch mode and a benchmark mode. i used the artifact mode for 3 min with none then i let the gpu cool down for about 5 minutes then i ran benchmark mode which runs for 3 minutes and rates your fps. so i get no artifacting on either modes in this program and then i play gears of war and on one map (canals) i noticed on a wall there were black lines like tearing up and down it, ill try and get a pic of it after dinner (getting cold) and when i moved the camera they like flashed. its hard for me to explain but if anyone knows what this sounds like and could confirm what it is its greatly appreciated. oh and my temps never go above 61C using either the stability test or the game with a 45% fan. i have my temp and fps displayed in the top left corner of my screen when playing games using evga precision overclocking tool.

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
A 3-5 minute run is not enough to ensure a stable overclock, you don't want for it to cool down, you want for it to be stressed until it spills its guts, otherwise there's not much stability to be had. Try lowering your overclock and see if the problem persists.

xxcoop42xx

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
well this is the first time ive noticed ( or its happened for that matter) it doesnt happen in any of my other games like COD 4 and COD WAW Beta or Crysis and it doesnt happen any other time when playing Gears of War. just this one little incident. it only happened one time on one map. but ill watch it and it couldnt be the oc because ive been running this oc for at least 1 to 2 months and nothing until now. i did reinstall vista yesterday to fix a problem but it wasnt a graphics related problem. i dont have heat problems or anything else, i think it was just the game not loading correctly.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
ozone3d furmark

type those two things in google, you should get a gpu stress test... put everything on high, and just let it run for a few hours, than come back to see if you see white/yellow dots popping up and around