Task bar...OOPS

I accidentally did something to my task bar. I know I placed my cursor over
the "slider" to try to expand it, but ended up with a second level to my task
bar (my START button now has an empty level below it), and all my
notification icons are scrunched into three levels on the far right-hand
side. There is plenty of room in my task bar, so I don't understand why the
second level is there, nor how to get rid of it.

Can anyone tell me how to restore my task bar back to its original one level?

Thanks!

KW

Kathy W wrote:
> I accidentally did something to my task bar. I know I placed my
> cursor over the "slider" to try to expand it, but ended up with a
> second level to my task bar (my START button now has an empty level
> below it), and all my notification icons are scrunched into three
> levels on the far right-hand side. There is plenty of room in my
> task bar, so I don't understand why the second level is there, nor
> how to get rid of it.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to restore my task bar back to its original
> one level?

Put your cursor on the edge until it turns into a double arrow.. Then left
click and resize the bar..

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Thanks, but I've tried that over and over and still can't get it back to the
original appearance. There are 2 sliders, and I've tried sliding both of the
around, but...
--
Kathy

Kathy W wrote:
> Thanks, but I've tried that over and over and still can't get it back
> to the original appearance. There are 2 sliders, and I've tried
> sliding both of the around, but...

Taskbar is UNLOCKED?
(Right-click on it, make sure it is unlocked.)

And you are holding the mouse button while dragging after the cursor turns
to a double arrow?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Uh, no not sliders... 'grab' the top edge of the taskbar and drag it DOWN
till it's just one row high again.
McG.

"Kathy W" <KathyW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks, but I've tried that over and over and still can't get it back to
> the
> original appearance. There are 2 sliders, and I've tried sliding both of
> the
> around, but...
> --
> Kathy
>

> "Shenan Stanley" wrote:
>
>> Kathy W wrote:
>> > I accidentally did something to my task bar. I know I placed my
>> > cursor over the "slider" to try to expand it, but ended up with a
>> > second level to my task bar (my START button now has an empty level
>> > below it), and all my notification icons are scrunched into three
>> > levels on the far right-hand side. There is plenty of room in my
>> > task bar, so I don't understand why the second level is there, nor
>> > how to get rid of it.
>> >
>> > Can anyone tell me how to restore my task bar back to its original
>> > one level?
>>
>> Put your cursor on the edge until it turns into a double arrow.. Then
>> left
>> click and resize the bar..
>>
>> --
>> Shenan Stanley