Bios guide p6t deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.

james67

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
i bought my asus p6t deluxe v2 with 920 cpu and 6 Gb corsair ram 1600

problem is i cant find any good notes anywhere in how to over clock this.. like its a secret or something

yet there to many ridiculous attempts everywhere, trying to complicate everything.

Truly a secret, sssssh! Now don't tell your friends who have the same board, and they will think you are a genius. :)

You did not ask a question, you expressed your opinions. Why don't you try the link I posted for you earlier? The results are for OCing your specific board. OCing is complicated and tedious - you have to test multiple settings controlling your board, CPU, and RAM because results may vary between systems even with the exact same components.

LoneWolf_53

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009

I'm getting the impression you just expect someone to give you the settings for your board and that's not how it works.

You have to read and experiment carefully with an understanding of what you are doing.

You've been given useful links and you can combine those with threads right here on Tom's such as this one.. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/253365-29-core-overclocking-guide after which it's up to you to figure out what works on your board.

There are no short cuts.

It's a complicated subject that does not lend itself to a cookbook approach.

As they say, "google is your friend",
and ...
YMMV. "Your mileage may vary."

And overshocked very recently added this:
Overshocked i7 Overclocking - What does what
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/256021-11-core-overclocking-what

treefrog, no matter how many times I see that trick, I cannot keep a straight face. It's truly an excellent example of not so thinly veiled digital sarcasm.

ryan, remember when I said I didn't miss "the good old days"? That's not completely true. What I miss is that it used to take a certain amount of technical skill to do things.
----------
Overclocking since 1978 - Z80 (TRS-80) from 1.77 MHz to 2.01 MHz

james67

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009

and im getting the ida you dont read post they way they are posted...
and also if you cant answer ...dont reply back with ..."i gotta teach you a thing or two" answer who are you !?

What are you after?

Do you want us to take you by the hand and do it for you?

All OCing guides even M/B specific, require you educating yourself and learning all the basics required to know what variable differences you will encounter and how to deal with them as they arise.

Your part is to take the information and learn what to do from it, to get a basic knowledge of overclocking under your belt, when you get specific questions, then helping you to get a better understanding is much more likely to occur.

james67

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009

maybe so but that wasnt part of the idea of my post... maybe OCing is complex but thats what i am asking questions for and looking for.

you think someone must 1st know the subject before you ask about it.............isnt that kinda backward?

and how do you know i need to know the basics or not first?
too many assumptions and game playing

What previous questions, are you referring to?

you think someone must 1st know the subject before you ask about it.............isnt that kinda backward?

A person must know at least something about the subject, to have acquired the intelligence to ask a question in the first place.

how do you know i need to know the basics or not first?

Because the basics are the foundation to learn and build on.

too many assumptions and game playing

That seems to be coming more from you than anyone else in this thread, there are forum members here that are willing to go the distance to help you accomplish your goals, but we'd all like to see you gain your on footing on the subject, so we're not wasting our time.

If you're given your settings and go your way you haven't learned a thing, you'll be back later wanting someone else to do it for you all over again, if you learn the basics, we add to your knowledge and you go your way capable of solving the situation yourself.

So anything from that point is adding to the knowledge you already have.

I'm beginning to feel that I'm apparently wasting my time here, so if you would like to rethink and re post feel free, but this thread is over!

Status
Not open for further replies.