[HDD] Not Appearing in Winows

Scyn

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
I recently wiped all my HDDs and reinstalled Windows.
Motherboard = P5K Deluxe

The BIOS indicates I have the HDDs and they're working properly, The Boot Priority settings within the BIOS does not allow me the option to boot more than 1 HDD. I could boot more than 1 before I wiped. I am using SATA IDE. Because I was able to have all my HDDs on boot priority before the wipe I don't know if this is a problem.

Windows XP SP 2 32bit
When I get into Windows and open up My Computer there appears to be only one HDD listed. I right click on it and select properties, yet there it lists all of my HDDs. I open the device manager and open all the HDDs. Windows says they're all working properly. I've been through the Windows troubleshooter, answered all of it's questions and it told me that it could not solve my problem.

So basically... The BIOS detects all the HDDs. Windows detects all the HDDs. But for some reason or another I can only access the one that it lets me use in Boot Priority.

Note: I can switch out the Boot Priority to change HDDs. But it won't let me have both there anymore.

cklaubur

Distinguished

If you look in Disk Management, does it show partitions on the other hard drives?

Casey