EVGA X58 SLI Classified to Launch in mid-February

AuDioFreaK39

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2007
EVGA X58 SLI Classified to launch in mid-February

evgalogors0.gif

Possibly the 16th

Last month, we reported that EVGA intends to launch its flagship X58 SLI Classified 141-BL-E759-A1 motherboard sometime after Chinese New Year. Well, that day has already passed, and so we checked back with the company for a status update.

In an effort to maintain a target Q1 launch, the board is going to launch between mid-February and the end of February, which is less than two weeks away. For quite some time now, the company has launched its high-end motherboards on Mondays, which could set the 16th and 23rd as possible release dates, although this is speculation and has been unconfirmed. Nevertheless, it looks like this will be quite a close call for early adopters of the X58 SLI board looking to Step-Up to the new Classified model.

The board itself has undergone slight improvements to the huge chipset heatsink in order to improve compatibility with all CPU coolers mounted in all directions. Nevertheless, the final design continues to impress us in both quality of specifications and overall design:

x58cphotood7.jpg

The final design of the board is 310mm x 265mm opposed to 300mm x 265mm as stated by VR-Zone. On another note, raja1 from the EVGA Forums is currently testing a board that Shamino sent him.

"Looks like EVGA have done a fine job so far. Lots of testing to do yet including some LN2 stuff this weekend," he quoted. "BIOS wise, the board is already quite mature, and it seems that many of the good X58 SLI traits are in the Classifed plus a few extras. S3 resume works fine too on the current test BIOS. Early doors yet, but first impressions are very positive."

He went on to state that the board runs just fine with one EPS 12v connector even while benchmarking. Having a second in place will reduce 12v drops by only a small margin at very high vCore levels. Basically, there is no need to worry if the supplied PSU only has a single EPS connector.

As far as pricing is concerned, we previously reported that Hans Wolfram Tismer from EVGA Europe suggested $450 in the US and €450 incl. VAT in Europe. Although official numbers remain unconfirmed at the moment, we will be keeping watch for any listings that may come up over the next few weeks.

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11815&Itemid=1

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
Nice looking but I thought $295 for my original EVGA X58 was to high, this is to much really. Not enough silicon to justify that price.

Plus, I have 2 280GTX and the slot configuration, since they are double wide, puts them right next to each other if you want to use both PCIe slots with 16X electrical. This means one always runs hotter than the other because its circulation is blocked by the other.

The slot configuration on this version looks the same. I guess I could put one card on the first 16X slot and the second on the third 8X slot but it doesn't make sense to me. I'm fixing to step up to two 295+'s so I really don't want one sitting on an 8X slot?

sailer

Splendid
OK, its visually nice looking, but I agree with Warezme that there should be two full 16x slots. Other than that, why is there so much emphasis on having four GPU slots? Really, how many people even use two cards, much less three cards. But four cards? Be serious. Except for a handfull of extremists, there's just no good reason for that many GPU slots.

spathotan

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
How is that oversized stupid heatsink going to help with CPU cooler compatability in all directions, give me a break.

That, and the location of the pcie slots make this board completely pointless.

philologos

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
I must say the mainboard has an appealing aesthetic. I prefer the less "rad" varieties from Asus and Gigabyte. I don't want to simply buy a MB because of the company, however.

I am looking to buy an i7 platform sometime beteen March and Summer. I've got everything mostly picked out, but the X58 Motherboards really have me scratching my head. Right now I'm leaning towards an Asus P6T (Deluxe?).

sailer

Splendid
From what I've read, the ASUS PT6 Deluxe, and for that matter, the rest of the ASUS boards, have the best BIOS and the least troubles at the moment. This may change, especially as the other companies work the bugs out of their products. I intend on doing a i7 build soon and ASUS will most likely be my pick for the board.

ixion

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2006

I've been very pleased with mine so far, boot time is a little slow even after disabling the SAS RAID bios but it's been stable in 24/7 operation, only thing it did wrong was set my memory at faster timings than it was rated for causing one BSOD in the first fortnight.

cdl1701

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007
I like everything about it but the price point which is way to high :pfff: I always buy EVGA but this is to high so I may go with someone else for my x58 sli board.

MaadDaawg

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
A beautiful piece of work, and I like everything I've read about it :) May just end up putting my Rampage II Extreme up for sale and buy myself one of these :)

Greg_77

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
I like my current Evga x58 board, but at $300 I thought I was being taken to the cleaners..... but this board is $450??? It's pure robbery! :)

sailer

Splendid
The EVGA board is at $450? And I thought the ASUS Rampage II Extreme was high at $400. Seems strange that the mobo prices are going up at the same time the worldwide economy is sinking. They may end up with a lot of boards sitting on a shelf with no buyers in sight.

MaadDaawg

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
I suspect this board will sell out before most of the people who want one actually gets their hands on one :) Plus, the list on the Rampage II Extreme was $450, but places like the egg were selling them for 399 - same will probably happen with this board... see, cheaper than you thought :)

TRENDING THREADS