Solved

Are there laptops that can be Overclocked?

Are there certain gaming laptops that can be overclocked? The GPu or CPU? Will the stock coolers be able to handle the heat? Is this advisable?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about laptops overclocked
  1. Best answer
    Yes, there are laptops that allow for this (DIY kits and a few boutique laptops). The coolers may be able to handle the heat, and no it's not advisable.
  2. Best answer selected by liquidsnake718.
  3. megamanx00 said:
    Yes, there are laptops that allow for this (DIY kits and a few boutique laptops). The coolers may be able to handle the heat, and no it's not advisable.

which ones? are they worth getting? I dont know if i should buy a middle ground gaming laptop as im getting sick of my netbook and my old laptop has an old radeon9800mobility chip which is ancient
  4. Get a ocz diy kit if you want or just buy a cheap hp i7 720 laptop with decent graphics and use software to overclock
  5. Yup, the OCZ kits are what you would use, but they are getting a bit scarce. Some of the Falcon North West Laptops allow you to overclock from what I remember. I don't know about alien wear, and of course VoodoPC hasn't been the same since being bought by HP.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Gaming Cooling Overclocking