Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Are there laptops that can be Overclocked?

Last response: in Overclocking
January 21, 2010 6:41:21 AM

Are there certain gaming laptops that can be overclocked? The GPu or CPU? Will the stock coolers be able to handle the heat? Is this advisable?

More about : laptops overclocked

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a b K Overclocking
January 21, 2010 2:14:59 PM

Yes, there are laptops that allow for this (DIY kits and a few boutique laptops). The coolers may be able to handle the heat, and no it's not advisable.
January 22, 2010 9:52:21 PM

Best answer selected by liquidsnake718.
m
l
Related resources
January 22, 2010 9:54:04 PM

megamanx00 said:
Yes, there are laptops that allow for this (DIY kits and a few boutique laptops). The coolers may be able to handle the heat, and no it's not advisable.

which ones? are they worth getting? I dont know if i should buy a middle ground gaming laptop as im getting sick of my netbook and my old laptop has an old radeon9800mobility chip which is ancient
m
l
January 22, 2010 11:38:15 PM

Get a ocz diy kit if you want or just buy a cheap hp i7 720 laptop with decent graphics and use software to overclock
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b K Overclocking
January 24, 2010 3:07:53 AM

Yup, the OCZ kits are what you would use, but they are getting a bit scarce. Some of the Falcon North West Laptops allow you to overclock from what I remember. I don't know about alien wear, and of course VoodoPC hasn't been the same since being bought by HP.
m
l
!