Scynte

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
Mornin all.

Ok havn't seen anyone ask this question yet.

I am in the process of buying parts for my new computer. I'm taking some parts from my old Acer comp. Now, when you get an acer computer you get a lot of software on it (I still havn't worked out what alot of it does) Ie: e-manager, e-power, etc. You can go through and delete/remove it all no worries but when you factory reset the comp on start-up it reloads it all back on. My question is, if I took the harddrive out of it and installed it into a new comp, would those programs still cause a neusence on the new comp? or would they just become a *dead file* because it doesn't have the rest of the acer software to run?

You should be able to format or re-initialize the drive and erase all that stuff.
The hard drive manufacturer should have a stand alone utility to do it.
A clean install of windows or vista should give you that option also.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
You just need a plain old copy of XP, not the restore feature of the machine.

1) format the drive(s)
2) install OEM version of XP

voila you have a non acer computer.

Scynte

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
Yeah was hoping there would be another way then formatting it. Was hoping I could take all my games and stuff from my old comp over! Oh well. Thanks all!

Sorry to add on, but thought it better then making a new post. Is there much difference between the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 Achilles and the normal S1283 (besides the 3 and 4 heat pipes)?