I5/GPU WC help

Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • GPUs
  • Intel i5
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
January 21, 2010 3:50:32 PM

I am somewhat new to WC. I have read a bit around and have an idea of how everything works.

My question is, is should I buy a kit or buy the parts seperately?

I am going to build an i5 with a XFX GS250XYDFC GeForce GTS 250 512MB and I would like to WC them both.

Help!

More about : gpu

a c 86 K Overclocking
January 21, 2010 3:54:11 PM

Please start with the Watercooled solved sticky at the top. Bookmark all of the links listed, start reading ALL of the guides at least once. In a week or so you'll have a good idea on what to do.

You do know that proper watercooling for your proposed setup is going to be in the $400 range?

Do NOT buy any of the Thermaltake, Koolance etc kits. They are junk and you will replace all of the parts as they begin to fail.

This is a proper kit. It would be fine for JUST your CPU. You'd need a bigger rad and the GPU blocks if you wanted to cool the GPU too. Adding another MCR220 would be enough.
http://www.jab-tech.com/Swiftech-H20-22-Ultima-XT-Liqui...

You are kinda stuck on the GPU cooling. Don't know of any FC blocks for the 250. You need to look at the Swiftech MCW-60 for your GPU and some heatsinks for the individual ram and mosfets. It's commononly done. The MCW60 is a nice GPU chip only solution.

CYA in a week or so.
m
l
!